Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The arm rests on my fron seats click but dont stop until they are resting in the bottom position. i can either have them up or down not in between. has anyone tried to fix this sort of problem before?

·
Registered
V 220 CDI Trend
123 Posts
This is a very common problem (I have just had it happen again) as the "tooth" mechanism inside is made of aluminium and breaks quite easily.

You can either buy a new/used arm or if you are brave take the arm appart and using replacement parts sold on eBay (in NL) fix the problem ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7954534976

I have ordered the parts (they seem expensive but compared to a new arm ..) and should have them soon, will post on my results.

·
Registered
V 220 CDI Trend
123 Posts
SUMMARY: Arm rests on front seats.

Well I received the parts really quickly and have now fitted them to both front arm rests.

A quick summary of removing and disassembly of the V class arm rests on the captains chairs at the front :

The arm is removed by putting out the centre knob which is on a ball joint, I found it was easiest to push the seats to opposite ends of their rails to work on. Then as I didn't have a long allen key, so I used a long flat slightly tapered blade screwdriver which just fitted in the hole to undo the internal screw holding the arm rest to the seat frame. Once off, their are two screws underneath holding the trim to the metal skeleton. Then internals of the ratchet mechanism is accessed by gently (or not so gently if it is like my passanger arm ..) the star washer holding the parts together. Be careful breaking this will mean sourcing a new one or a new arm ... once in the part is obvious, make sure the old broken teeth are removed and the new part fitted the right way.
As any good handbook says, re-assembly is the reverse.

I can happily say it worked a treat and now I can relax in comfort whilst I drive [8D]

As one the passenger one was still in good condition I will take any offers by email ... otherwise it's fate is on eBay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts