Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
cameroon - 4/19/2005 4:12 PM

I have a 77' slc 450, with nice interior but i miss the arm-rest between the front seats, how can i build one like additional part? all of the seats are able to hold it or i need a special one? thanks in advance,

cameroon
Do you mean that the car used to have one, but it perished regrettably or that the car never had one and you are trying to install one?

If you never had one, it might be easier to get an aftermarket one of the kind that attaches to the center console rather than to the seat. There are a number of those around.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
flyboyike - 4/19/2005 9:58 PM

cameroon - 4/19/2005 4:12 PM

I have a 77' slc 450, with nice interior but i miss the arm-rest between the front seats, how can i build one like additional part? all of the seats are able to hold it or i need a special one? thanks in advance,

cameroon
Do you mean that the car used to have one, but it perished regrettably or that the car never had one and you are trying to install one?

If you never had one, it might be easier to get an aftermarket one of the kind that attaches to the center console rather than to the seat. There are a number of those around.

If you never had one, don't try to add something that originally doesn't belong to. [:)]

·
Registered
77'450slc.83'230ce
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i made this picture, to show and ask in the same time, it's designed for the arm-rest or not, if anybody can give me other possibilities to solving this problem.................
thanks,

cameroon

Attachments

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
cameroon - 4/20/2005 11:29 AM

i made this picture, to show and ask in the same time, it's designed for the arm-rest or not, if anybody can give me other possibilities to solving this problem.................
thanks,

cameroon
Judging by the picture, your car never had an armrest, so you might want to look into an aftermarket one that attaches to the console.

·
Registered
77'450slc.83'230ce
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info!!!
do you have any picture about that kind of console, unfortunately i never saw something like that, i have another kind of stuff for my 230ce, but that's a bit to ugly (designed for taxi drivers) i don't want to put anything like that in to this beautiful interior (wich is under construction)
thanks in advance,

cameroon

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
cameroon - 4/20/2005 3:30 PM

thanks for the info!!!
do you have any picture about that kind of console, unfortunately i never saw something like that, i have another kind of stuff for my 230ce, but that's a bit to ugly (designed for taxi drivers) i don't want to put anything like that in to this beautiful interior (wich is under construction)
thanks in advance,

cameroon
This is what I mean, not necessarily this particular design or color, but something of the sort.

Attachments

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,886 Posts
I have same annoyance as you and was looking for a solution. Unfortunately, LHD cars have handbrake over the centre console and assembly as on above pic is not an option.

I had carefully inspected the backrest on my SLC and had found that there are two holes on side that do not exist on the passenger seat. At least this gives me hope that when i decide to rebuild driver seat (mechanical problem) i may be able to fit the original armrest. Inspect the inner sides of your seats and try to see the difference, if any.
My seats are the type with vacuum locks and do not have hight adjustments

·
Registered
1977 450SL
30 Posts
Thanks for asking this same question I was about to ask. I have a 77 450 SL and also want to get an armrest and cup holder. So where exactly can you get one of these at? Do you have a link or ?

Thanks, this is a great site! :)

flyboyike - 4/20/2005 6:17 PM

thanks for the info!!!
thanks in advance,

cameroon
This is what I mean, not necessarily this particular design or color, but something of the sort.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
theratpatrol - 4/23/2005 3:11 PM

Thanks for asking this same question I was about to ask. I have a 77 450 SL and also want to get an armrest and cup holder. So where exactly can you get one of these at? Do you have a link or ?

Thanks, this is a great site! :)

flyboyike - 4/20/2005 6:17 PM

thanks for the info!!!
thanks in advance,

cameroon
Hi,

I saw that one at www.jcwhitney.com. They got a bunch of different ones.

Here's the link:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2007498/showCustom-0/p-2007498/N-111+600001525+10201/c-10101

That paticular one is supposed to be for various Jeep models, but it looks about the right width for a 107.

·
Registered
77'450slc.83'230ce
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm still looking for the solution to make my seat like it was originally, but i find a nice box wich colud be a nice version, if the right one will be impossible
http://www.fmw-onlineshop.de/5200302.htm

anyway, many thanks for the forum.!!
(anybody know something like this side, but in eu?)
cameroon

·
Registered
450, 350 & 280 SLC (W107), 280TE (W123), C36 AMG (W202), Brabus B6S (W210)
107 Posts
cameroon - 4/21/2005 7:29 PM

thanks,

cameroon
It IS possible to attach the original W107 armrest to any original W107 seat, I even managed to attach armrest from W123 in the W107 place of broken one.
If you manage to get original W107 armrest, the only things to do is (sorry, my english could be better...):
1) There are bolt under the back of the seat (just push headrest to the steering wheel and you'll see!)
2) Screw it out -- then it's possible to get to mechanism of the seat to attach armrest. Only problem may be the seat adjuster, to my mind I have it on the other side...
3) Anyway, there is the mechanism to attach armrest, I don't think, that there can be some problems. Only difference for chair with / without armrest to my mind is that part of the seat, that you've taken of by screwing out that bolt and then pushing down. May be you'll have to bend a corner / side (made from alluminium) and that's it!
4) When armrest is in original place, just put back that part from seat, bend that corner (cut it off???) and armrest is ready!

I'll look once more if needed, because I have driver seats from SLC with and without armrest... Can try this change on my own...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts