Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 G500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved an Argus Bluetooth adapter from Eurocarphone. It didn't come with specific instructions for the G500. I found the 25 pin connector under the passenger seat but I can't find anything that looks remotely like the fiberoptic cable that would fit into this thing. There is a fiberoptic splice under there, but am I supposed to link into that with some sort of adapter? I plan on calling Eurocarphone for help but I figured somebody here may have better advice and/or experience (photos?) with this thing. Let me know before I end up disassembling the whole interior. Thanx.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Dating myself....

Here I thought I'd see some relationship between the G and those cool bakelite brick cameras from the 50s and 60s.
http://arguscg.tripod.com./id11.html

Bluetooth....I thought that's what the amalgamation workers got from handling too much mercury in the silver mines before they went nuts.....

Sorry...I'ts late....I'd better go home and get some sleep...

-Dave G.

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
Try the audio / tele forum. Search also, I installed the phone kit in my G. I'm pretty sure there are pictures.

·
Registered
2002 G500 & 2004 Audi A8L
153 Posts
Hi MB230S-

Did you install the Argos system in the G? I am considering the same set up. How has been your experience so far?

·
Registered
2002 G500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got it done. The seat is actually much easier to pull out than I thought. You need an 8mm hex wrench (Autozone has a ratchet head set for $15, but an 8mm allen wrench probably would suffice. The Argos is fairly simple once you have everything pulled out. I took the fiberoptic link off my teleaid box since there wasn't a preinstalled link on my G500. I plan on going back and replacing it later. When I pull everything apart again I'll take pictures.

·
Registered
2002 G500 & 2004 Audi A8L
153 Posts
Hi Cartmeister-

Does everything function correctly on the Command system with your Argos (ie phonebook, caller id, etc.)? Are you happy with it?

May I ask where you purchased and for how much?

Sorry to be so nosy but I'm tired of waiting for the MB puck and strongly considering going with the Argos system.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2002 G500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It works well. I can answer/hang up from the steering wheel and dial from the Command console or the phone directly. I haven't been able to sync my phonebook which may just be b/c I'm using a blackberry. The caller ID works just fine for numbers but no name comes up (again a phonebook problem). The guys at eurocarphone were pretty helpful when I called regarding the installation since the unit doesn't come with instructions but general MB phone install instructions can be pulled off the website. Overall the sound quality is pretty good (better than my Motorola or Jabra headsets for sure). Overall I'd give it a A-. It defintely beats the crappy options Mercedes has to offer. Let me know if you have any specific questions I haven't covered.

Addendum: After several months the sound quality for those calling me has decline appreciably. I don't know why. I don't use my Bluetooth much anymore b/c everybody hangs up on me b/c they can't hear what I'm saying. I think it has more to do with the accoustics of the G than the actual Argos system but I can't be sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts