Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 S420 19" giovanna's, tint, in-dash tv.1986 mustang LX supercharged 4 eyed pride~
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I just thought I might pick your brains, I know it is a long shot.

Sometimes when I drive over small bumps in the road I get a really annoying squeek, kind of high pitched, and it sounds like it is coming from the driver side pillar or area around the steering wheel/dash/instrument region.

I make sure to have the cabin extremely quiet(no music or HVAC) and still can't come up with anything.I have tried many time to diagnose exactly what it might be. Anybody here have a similar squeeking noise??

·
Registered
'14 E350, '07 CLK350, '01 SLK320
1,148 Posts
I had the same squeak. It turned out to be tie instrument cluster was a bit loose. I just pushed it back in (GENTLY!!) and the squeak was eliminated.

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,831 Posts
It may not b but check it just the same , the fire extinguisher's Mounting bracket ( klipps ) make a weird sound when 1 of them come's undone,the funny thing is no1 looks or suspects it as you hear this sound ,as if it is behind the cluster or under the Steering wheel somewhere,i had this sort of metal to metal sound and gonne nuts to find where it was coming from ,it was that stupid little Bracket ,open'd it self ,from entering & exiting the Car, & u cant see the bastard little thing.
Ciao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.