Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some really cheap MB knock off wheels somewhere, maybe Ebay? As anyone tried these and are they any good? I think they were like $525 a set.

I like the 18" (8.5 & 9.5) staggerd set with a polished lip and some kind of a black center. This for a daily driver so I didn't want to spend a ton just to get the abuse a DD will get. BTW it's a '05 E55.

Also how big can you go on the back, 275, 285?

Thanks to you guys that help me with all these questions, I know you guys know way more than I ever will!

Thanks again, Dave

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a set of replica staggered 18's. They actually took less weight to balance out than my AMG rims. Inspect the finish closely before mounting. I had a previous set that came in with a defect in the finish on the spoke of one wheel. They exchanged it with no hassle, other than having to ship it off and wait for the replacement. From behind the steering wheel you can't tell the car isn't on OEM rims.

275 on a 9.5 rim would normally be fine, but I'm not an E guy. It'll put a 11 inches of tread on the ground. Measure the width of your current rear, then add 1/2 the difference to each side and check for strut clearance at the top. You're looking for wheels with a 30mm offset, but you're likely to find a lot of 35mm wheels. They'll work, but will be slightly more inside the wheel well.

Post links to wheels you like and I'll let you know how close a fit they'll be, and the right tire sizes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wheels

Mike,
Thanks for the PM and responce. For now I will use the tires I have 245 & 265's.

I like almost any wheel that has black spokes and a polished lip, where did you get yours? Do I need hud centric spacers or any thing else?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't think you'll find an AMG replica wheel that has a black center (no real AMG wheel to base it on). This puts you in the general aftermarket category, which adds wheels that will fit Audi and VW. All of these will be the right bolt pattern and offset, but the hub bore may be larger and require a set of hub rings for a proper fit.

This one is a good example, although I didn't find a staggered option for it:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts