Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious if my car has any special items in it for its year. 1983 380SEL with burl walnut wood, powered seats everywhere, heated seats everywhere. Are these special order?

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Benzonline - 4/22/2005 2:52 PM

Im curious if my car has any special items in it for its year. 1983 380SEL with burl walnut wood, powered seats everywhere, heated seats everywhere. Are these special order?
I don't know about the Canadian market, but here in Australia the W126 380 was the flagship model up until 1985/86. Here, the SEL and SEC came standard with burl walnut trim and power front seats. Heated seats (front and/or rear) and power rear seats were options.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz W126 500SEL &380SEL W116 280SE
75 Posts
Sorry to disagree, but my partner drives an Australian, compliance plate, 380SEL from 1982, but it only has the drivers seat manual hight adjustment. It has a lot of luxuries that my car hasn't, such as climate control and a electric antenna (ever tried to put one in afterwards?)
Most of the extras are shown on the tag though.
regrds Hank J.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Interesting. I think your car was not special in the sense that it was the ‘top of the line’ in 1983 in the US market, the only other 126 being the 300 SD. In 84 when the US market 500 SEL was available, it came with all the items you noted.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I have no idea. My car has all the things you mentioned. My family bought is as it came. Only it doesn't has was the pump that would pump up the lumber support on the front seats.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz W126 500SEL &380SEL W116 280SE
75 Posts
The pump in the spare-wheelwell the one that pumps the vacuum for the locks will have/is supposed to have a dual function only if the lumbar support in the seats was a factory item.

·
Registered
Widebody SEC
774 Posts
Benzonline - 4/21/2005 9:32 PM

This is a USA car.
is your speedo in kilometers only?

if it is then likely you have a Canadian spec benz which may be different than the USA benz in respect to emissions, bumpers, options etc. all the labeling on the car will be original metric with lots of german verbage.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car was purchased new in Palm Beach Florida. We purchased it in 92 and was brought here. The gauge cluster was replaced a few yrs ago from a canadian car so ya now its showing in kms only. [:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts