Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
They look like they would be ok... but they look like they are not that high quality... I got mine from a dealer on ebay with the HID already installed in them and they garunteed that any problems would be fully replaced/refunded and so on, had em for about 6 months now and no issues at all.

This is the exact dealer and headlamp setup that I was sold -- *** difference was that mine were black housing as you can see in the pictures I have *** and mine were 8000k not sure what the auction there is for ***

You can see how the lights themselves are differnt quality then the ones you showed in your link... hope this helped

eBay Motors: MERCEDES W203 C55 TYPE *TRUE* XENON HID HEADLIGHT (item 120219295056 end time Feb-12-08 18:01:51 PST)

You can order them in black or in chrome and 2 or 3 different light spectrums and they are pre installed and plug and play... its really easy just make sure you mount the ballasts away from everything else :) they put out a EMP (as do all electronics with that much juice in em) and it can intefere with things like your ESP control unit if you put them tooooo close...

But there is lots of room to mount em.

PM me if you got any more questiosn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look like they would be ok... but they look like they are not that high quality... I got mine from a dealer on ebay with the HID already installed in them and they garunteed that any problems would be fully replaced/refunded and so on, had em for about 6 months now and no issues at all.

This is the exact dealer and headlamp setup that I was sold -- *** difference was that mine were black housing as you can see in the pictures I have *** and mine were 8000k not sure what the auction there is for ***

You can see how the lights themselves are differnt quality then the ones you showed in your link... hope this helped

eBay Motors: MERCEDES W203 C55 TYPE *TRUE* XENON HID HEADLIGHT (item 120219295056 end time Feb-12-08 18:01:51 PST)

You can order them in black or in chrome and 2 or 3 different light spectrums and they are pre installed and plug and play... its really easy just make sure you mount the ballasts away from everything else :) they put out a EMP (as do all electronics with that much juice in em) and it can intefere with things like your ESP control unit if you put them tooooo close...

But there is lots of room to mount em.

PM me if you got any more questiosn

Thanks you guys!
I ended up buying the Ebay True black xenon housing projector lights :thumbsup: and in addition I bought the flat hood emblem, blk grill, blk side markers and the smoke housing rear s class style lights too. I am planning on blacking the whole car out. I will post pictures once it is done. The only problem I am having is looking for the OEM Amg (sport) front and back bumper. My car is an 2002 C320 so if anyone knows where I can get it from that would be great! I am waiting to get all of my parts in so I can have my mechanic do it all at once. :p

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
HID's Produce LESS heat then standard halogen bulbs, so if HID cause em to melt, then standard bulbs would be worse...

That's theory, in practice a few people have complained of their "ebay" headlights melting with HID. It could be that the bulbs are longer and hence closer to the plastic.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks you guys!
I ended up buying the Ebay True black xenon housing projector lights :thumbsup: and in addition I bought the flat hood emblem, blk grill, blk side markers and the smoke housing rear s class style lights too. I am planning on blacking the whole car out. I will post pictures once it is done. The only problem I am having is looking for the OEM Amg (sport) front and back bumper. My car is an 2002 C320 so if anyone knows where I can get it from that would be great! I am waiting to get all of my parts in so I can have my mechanic do it all at once. :p

Hahah In temecula !! my cousin might think your me driving around blacked the hell out :) hahah I got the black gril flat badge and smoked tails comming too hahhaa

Its ok cus we are 3000 miles away otherwise I would have to blow up your car or just paint it all white in the middle of the night !!! :) hahaha :D

:thumbsup: hope everything comes out good

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahah In temecula !! my cousin might think your me driving around blacked the hell out :) hahah I got the black gril flat badge and smoked tails comming too hahhaa

Its ok cus we are 3000 miles away otherwise I would have to blow up your car or just paint it all white in the middle of the night !!! :) hahaha :D

:thumbsup: hope everything comes out good
Hehehehehe....not until I blow yours first!:p Wow...small world who's your cousin? I also bought those DVD headrest monitors!!:D I can't wait!!! What do you think of your black housing headlights?? Mine came in and they look great! however, I haven't installed them yet my bf thinks it might be to much black:(

·
Registered
384 Posts
I love mine... and I think the all black looks sweet... I would think the girll and badge are guna look nice too. Are you on black wheels ? flat or lipped or anything like that ? haha Boyfriend... This whole time I thought you were a dude haha.. Guess I underestimate chicks and cars :) Oh and in your sig -- its 4-matic :D heheh not sure what 5-matic is :)

My cousin's name is Tommy and he drives a Cadalac CTS with 20's on it... Hes in his low 20's like 23-24

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love mine... and I think the all black looks sweet... I would think the girll and badge are guna look nice too. Are you on black wheels ? flat or lipped or anything like that ? haha Boyfriend... This whole time I thought you were a dude haha.. Guess I underestimate chicks and cars :) Oh and in your sig -- its 4-matic :D heheh not sure what 5-matic is :)

My cousin's name is Tommy and he drives a Cadalac CTS with 20's on it... Hes in his low 20's like 23-24
Really mines a 4-matic??? I could have sworn the dealer told me 5...oh well I will just have to read the manual.:p I'm on stock wheels for now. I have brand new Z rated tires and I want to wear them out before I get my new wheels. I definitley want to get some 19" black rims with chrome lip so until then I am looking into Nav w/ DVD......do you know if these ones will fit:confused: Sony XAV-W1 and Panasonic Strada Model CN-NVD905U?? I was looking into getting the OEM Nav, but it's ssssssooooo out dated!

I will post pictures once my car is completed or close. This mechanic I know is gunna repaint the front hood and bumper and install everything! I would have my bf do it but....I'm afraid he'll screw it up!:rolleyes: Lol....I must sound like a guy or something since you thought I was a guy!:gay:

Nope don't know your cousin however, he is around my age (22) maybe I went to school with him...who knows?

·
Registered
384 Posts
yea 4-matic is the allwheel drive system in benz. So any car that is allwheel in mercedes is badged 4-matic. As for 5-matic you might be thinking the trany in which case its dubed "tip-tronic" by benz. That might be a 5 gear tiptronic and thats what the sales guy ment :)

Get some pictures up of the before and after!!! haha
Also why does the hood and front bumper need to be painted ?! dont tell me you crashed your black beauty already! :p haha I hope not!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea 4-matic is the allwheel drive system in benz. So any car that is allwheel in mercedes is badged 4-matic. As for 5-matic you might be thinking the trany in which case its dubed "tip-tronic" by benz. That might be a 5 gear tiptronic and thats what the sales guy ment :)

Get some pictures up of the before and after!!! haha
Also why does the hood and front bumper need to be painted ?! dont tell me you crashed your black beauty already! :p haha I hope not!
Lol......nope didn't crash my baby however, the person who owned it last did some highway driving and so it has a few tiny rock dings in the front:crybaby2: But it will look awsome once it's all painted:thumbsup: I guess I could post a before picture:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts