Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for speed / rpm ,,,, shift points ,, Torque curve. Maybe an old review ?

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hp - Rpm , Torque - Rpm curves,

Yeah, send me any useful info.

I looked for a site, that showed info on E320 104.992 eng. curves .In the good old days every car magazine posted Rpm -Hp -torque curves & graphs.

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hp - Rpm , Torque - Rpm curves,

Yeah, send me any useful info.

I looked for a site, that showed info on E320 104.992 eng. curves .In the good old days every car magazine posted Rpm -Hp -torque curves & graphs.

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
Swedish motor magazine

Swedish motor magazine "Teknikens Värld" measures the engine power when they do a road test of a car.

At least in Europe, the MB states the same power and tourqe figures for W210 and W211 E320. When they tested a 2003 E320T, they measured on the rear wheel:

188 ps @ 5750 rpm
251 Nm @ 4450 Nm

Mercedes figures:
224 ps @ 5600 rpm
315 Nm @ 3000-4800 rpm

The measeured power looks something like this (I tried to make an excel-graph that looks just like the one in the magazine):

Attachments

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
The measured enigne does not live up to the specificatons. -16% (Power) / -20% (tourqe) is...

The measured enigne does not live up to the specificatons. -16% (Power) / -20% (tourqe) is way too much to loose through the transmission, -10% is normal for an automatic.

I have problems to believe that Mercedes normaly over-rates the enignes, maybe there was something wrong with this car? Would be interesting to see some measured rear wheel power of some other Mercedes.

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dynos

I think with all the variables, tire pressure, size, temp & barometric pressure, fuel temp & octane, plug gap , voltage , Lubricant & oil pressure . 10% change could be normal ,,,,,, Thats if they run the car on a roller dyno.

Still 16 & 20 % loses are very high.

The curves you post seem about right, my 104.992 type , E320 gets it legs a 3500 - 4500 Rpm, but at low rpms the engine is quieter as the speed climbs , which may be deceiving .

My car seems, heavier on the steering than some american cars, some mornings the automatic trans growls slightly in park, but in gear its perfect,

Lots of dynos here in california , they may have some numbers on file for MB tests.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts