Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 corvette coupe
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing wheels on my slk, and I used the plastic disks under the lifting points. No problems, but my jack dug into them. I also noticed one got scuffed from a curb.

I assume these can be replaced if they take enough wear and tear. I hope they're not a permanent piece of the rocker panel.

thanks

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
The previous owner had used a jack with a surface area about the size of a quarter on the pad which caused it to dent and colapse on one side. I replaced it. When you look at it the pad from the bottom you'll see that there is a smaller plug (actually it is about the size of a quarter also) in the center of the pad with a little notch in it so you can pop it out. This inner piece pulls down quite a bit, which then allows the entire pad to pull out. The parts guy at MB pulled up the part number for me but when he showed me the plug it was not as deep as the old one. He then said that it looked like there might be 2 different ones depending on the year (or maybe it changed part way through 2002). The second one matched the ones on my car. Anyway, I don't know what the part number was for the "wrong" one, I bought part # 170-997-02-86 ($7.22).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts