Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Euro 500 SEC, 1985 300D Turbo Diesel (338,000 miles!), 1984 Euro BRABUS 190E
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So three out of the four mercedes I've owned have leaked transmission fluid, and though I havn't investigated all three cars, it seems they all leak from the pan/gasket. Is this a common problem? Does anyone else have this? I don't hear much about it but my w123 and two sec's leak, what's up? and what's a possible fix, I've tried new pans and gaskets, I'm willing to attempt a liquid sealant, any recommendations?

And another topic;
my sec makes a noise when turning right or left, it started a while ago, but has increased in loudness. I don't drive it often right now so I'm just starting to get around to fixing it. I got under it today and everything looks good, bushings/boots all seem intact. The noise is only from the right front when turning either direction.

·
Registered
1984 Euro 500 SEC & 1987 190E 2.6
201 Posts
No problem at all with my SEC as far as the tranny leaking from the pan seal. Mine leaks from the connection at the rad for the tranny cooler. However, I had a problem with my 190 leaking from the pan gasket after a fluid and filter change. I had to pull the pan off three times(after the initial job)to get it finally seal correctly. I'd say try pulling the pan off again and making the the gasket is fitting absolutely perfect and bolt it back up.

·
Registered
300sd 1983
29 Posts
yes leaking tranny's are a comman problem in high milage cars
i had the same problem , but finally got the whole transmission overhauled and new gasket set and clutch plates installed, no leaks now

regarding the noise up front, my guess , the culprits are the wheel bearings

ds
83 300sd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts