Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all interested:

Saturday April 2nd. organizing a meet to start at IHOP next Jimmy's Steer House in saugus Mass. Rt1. northbound. Located about 5 miles before Flagship Motors (M. Benz Dealership)

Meeting time is 10am. early enough for breakfast as we wait for all to show.

Leaving time 12noon. Heading to New England Dragway for a day of racing and fun.

please post names if interested:

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kompressorjon,

Seeing that you live in the opposite direction, it might be easier to meet everyone at the track but if you don't mind the drive and want to meet at IHOP, your more than welcomed. If you want(need)anymore info, just let me know.

Craig.

·
Registered
431 Posts
as long as old cars are welcome, i might be up for this. keep us posted on times/changes/etc...

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As of now, everything is still on. We have members from different forums attending. If anything is to change due to weather or something else, I will post it here.

C.

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a list of members that are coming so far.

Prof.Griff (E430)

E55_GT3wheels (2001 E55)

Jim-Man (E320)

Katani (E320)

Kompressorjon ???

baco99 ???

55Fanatic (ML55)

Derrick lui (C55)

·
Registered
2000 ML320(Sold)
60 Posts
You can count me in. About how many people do you expect to show?? Also, how far is N.E. Dragway from that IHOP??

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SilverML320,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've been really busy at work.

The Dragway is about 30mins from IHOP. It's a nice ride up 95N. Plus, with a group of cars it should be even better, so bring your video camera.

So far the people listed plus about 2 others have said they were showing. I also think some of them are coming with friends with different cars.

BMW
Honda
Toyota (supra)
Pontiac (Firebird)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thinking about taking the ride up from Philly. What will the cost be for the track? Any idea of area hotels for me to get a room for Friday and Saturday?
What is the address or name of the raceway or something in the area so I can mapquest it to see how far it is from me?

Kevin
[email protected]

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cost for the track is $25.

www.newenglanddragway.com

Kevin, that would be cool if you could join us. There are several hotels at reasonable prices in the area. I will get you a couple of #'s that way you can call and get the best price.

C.

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a list of members that are coming so far.

Prof.Griff (E430)

E55_GT3wheels (2001 E55)

Jim-Man (E320)

Katani (E320)

Kompressorjon (C230K)

55Fanatic (ML55)

Derrick lui (C55)

ML430R1 (ML 430)

JLee81 (Clk 55)

Kevinw23 (E55) ???????

Anybody from NY, NJ, CT, RI, MD, VA interested in coming??

·
Registered
2000 ML320(Sold)
60 Posts
Once again 430sport, you can count me in for the meet. That is, as long as it's still going on.

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updated list.

Prof.Griff (E430-S500)

E55_GT3wheels (2001 E55)

Jim-Man (E320)

Katani (E320)

Kompressorjon (C230K)

55Fanatic (ML55)

Derrick lui (C55)

ML430R1 (ML 430)

JLee81 (Clk 55)

Kevinw23 (E55) PHILLY???????

C230 617 (C230K)

KOKO 381 (E500) NY??????

SilverML320 (ML320)

Anybody from NY, NJ, CT, RI, MD, VA interested in coming??

350Z
S4
S2000
M3

It seems like others want to roll with us Benzos.

·
Registered
W210 E55,E320,C240
160 Posts
430Sport,

I am looking forward to this event. What exactly will be able to do on the track? Any details are most appreciated. I am getting new H&R springs and blistein sport shocks put in on Wednesday and I cant wait to test them on the track.

Also, Kevin - are you making it down? I sent you my contact info on IM. Let me know if I can help. I would love to crusie down to the track with another E55!

-tq

·
Registered
W210
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fellors, I am sorry to say that the track might not be opened on April 2. I will check on this issue and keep everybody informed.

C.

Track opening may be delayed Posted Monday, March 14, 2005 12:11 PM by nednews
It's that time of year when our phones are ringing off the hook and everyone
has a one question, "When are you going to open?"

What's the standard answer? It's "We don't know." We started several substantial projects including new burnout pads and a major drainage and resurfacing project at the end of our 2004 season. Fortunately, the weather was in our favor and we did complete the new burnout pads. However, the drainage and resurfacing project entailed a lot more work. Even though we finished most of the site work there is still considerable preparation remaining. Because of the persistent period of snow and extremely cold weather since the beginning of the year it's likely that we will not be able to complete the project before opening day. The snow must be clear and ground warm enough for us to accomplish the site work necessary before laying down the new asphalt.

We'll keep posting periodic updates here to keep you informed. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

www.newenglanddragway.com

1 - 20 of 27 Posts