Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My iPhone is connected to my 2020 E series through Bluetooth and I am able to make calls and also play music...however, I am having an issue accessing my Apple Music playlists. If I select a playlist on the phone itself and press play, it will stream through the vehicle and I can advance tracks (and even see the album/song art) on the vehicle, but I cannot actually choose a song on a playlist...in fact, all of my playlists are listed correctly but I receive the following error when I choose one: "Function Unavailable: No Track Information". Apple CarPlay works fine of course.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The more I am reading, it seems like this could be an issue with Gracenote?
Think it is, I've been having trouble with Gracenote since last October 2019, just been directed to their website to see approved software versions for my phone (an iphone X) which believe it or not is STILL at version 11, how the hell can that be right, that was released in 2017??? can't believe a company as big as MB can not be more up to date with their software versions, unbelievable and so annoying

Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Service. I am writing in response your enquiry regarding the operating system update in your car, detailed above.
I am sorry to hear of the issue you are having. I understand that this may be disappointing but I have conferred with our Technical Team who advise that at this moment there is no official release date that they can comment on.

Please consult the link below on any updates on compatible devices and operating systems:
GLC SUV (06.2016 - 08.2017) » Telephone Link Bluetooth™-Connectivity | Devices Overview @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity
Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my colleagues.

Yours sincerely

Zaman Zair Bani
Customer Service UK

after pushing them on it, still only got the following:
Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Service.

I am writing in response to your question regarding playing music via youe Iphone in your car, detailed above.
I understand that this may be disappointing but I have conferred with our Technical Team who advise that Mercedes-Benz only support iOS 11.2., 11.1.2 at the moment, for more information please see the link below:
GLC SUV (06.2016 - 08.2017) + Apple iPhone X » Telephone Link Bluetooth™-Connectivity | Device Details @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity
Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Lucy Fraser
Customer Service UK

Mercedes-Benz UK Customer Service can be contacted by telephone on 008 009 777 7777 or 0207 660 9993, Monday - Friday between 08:00 & 18:00.

00800 9 777 7777 (international freephone)
0207 660 9993 (charged at national rate)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts