·
Registered
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car was for sale locally near me and was said to have over 180k miles and also a friend sent me that carfax image verifying that the miles are documented in the car’s history. The miles (and rust) were key reasons I did not even bother to look at the car even though it was local.

Since the seller appears to be lying about the miles, probably changed the steering wheel and odometer, it seems more than fair to call him out and warn others about this vehicle.

·
Registered
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
open a dispute case on ebay --item not as described . Your item or your money back ..

The item is currently for sale. This thread is intended to warn others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Ebay pulled the ad!

I noticed the same car for sale from a Cash for Cars salvage yard in DE. Seems as though the ebay seller and davidsclassiccars.com seller are one in the same. They both list the same 11111111111111 vin. The key to realizing your being scammed on ebay is when they ask for a cashiers or personal check with no paypal.

1986 Mercedes-Benz 500SL European for sale - Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 1986 for sale in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
I can still bid on it.

Are you sure you used the right link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392287092894?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can still bid on it.

Are you sure you used the right link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392287092894?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true

You're right, I clicked on the wrong ad in the thread:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Mercedes-Benz-SL-Class-/392287092894?oid=223472979449

We should all apply pressure on ebay until the pull the listing. If we can determine there's several issues with this listing, I don't believe this "dealer" couldn't!

I was selling items on ebay and someone was purchasing items with a stolen credit card. Called ebay and Paypal to have them tell me they had to allow the bogus purchases go thru and then they would refund me the money. It didn't end up costing me too much, but that's not the point. I was reporting fraud before it happened and they only seemed to care about it after the fact.

·
Registered
843 Posts
That's a new ad alright, and looks like all rust has been repaired by removing pictures of it. If Ebay don't pull it some poor soul is in for a shock.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Felt bad in advance for the poor soul that will end up buying this rust bucket and after looking at the positive history of the seller I wonder if the seller even knows what he's selling? So i emailed him one of the rust pictures and asked him to explain.

Got this back yesterday:

New message from: jpco_20 (62Blue Star)
its my friends car.i will ask him
body shops fix cars all the time

So sad that the eBay system leaves no way to report obvious fraud until after you get ripped off. The ad is very cleverly worded if you read it. Unless the buyer can get him on mileage be hard to make a case. And even if he/she can my guess on eBay's side it's written off as "Cost of Doing Business".

My bet is I never hear back and he knows. eBay sure can suck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
This is Ebay's reply when you report this fraudulent listing. If we all report the fraud maybe they will listen.
I reported as well but problem is they take a look at the ad and it looks just fine. No way they would uncover what Fonzi found without seeing this link.

They would never see the problem and just move on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
11 Participants
okyoureabeast
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing