Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 E350 4Matic Wagon
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my 2013 E350 Wagon (tire size 245/45ZR17). These tires wore out really fast. I'd like to try out a different set of tires.

Consumer Reports rates Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate better than the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in the Ultra High Performance All Season category. Tire Rack also rates this tire very highly (see https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=266) Anyone with first hand experience with the Goodyear tire? What do you like and dislike about this tire?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I currently use Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my 2013 E350 Wagon (tire size 245/45ZR17). These tires wore out really fast. I'd like to try out a different set of tires.

Consumer Reports rates Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate better than the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in the Ultra High Performance All Season category. Tire Rack also rates this tire very highly (see https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=266) Anyone with first hand experience with the Goodyear tire? What do you like and dislike about this tire?
Yepper, I got a set one year ago this month. Since Covid my driving decreased big time. About 13,000 miles. Rotated every 5,000 miles.

They grab & release on dry, wet, & heavy rain storm. They perform reasonably well in snow with confidence. I live up in New England. When I first purchased them last year I applied for the Goodyear Credit. I got six months interest free. These are my first Goodyear’s after abandoning NOKIAN (8 years and >5 sets on my cars) when they blew me off on my last set that started cupping prematurely.

These Goodyear’s are not as good as the Nokians regarding rolling resistance. About 20% less fuel economy. I drive an E250 Blutec 4Matic

I recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 E350 4Matic Wagon
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TerrapinStation,

Thanks for the info. I was particularly concerned about winter performance as TireRack has not evaluated these tires in snow. You probably get more snow than we do in NY. Good to hear the tires perform reasonably well in snow.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
TerrapinStation,

Thanks for the info. I was particularly concerned about winter performance as TireRack has not evaluated these tires in snow. You probably get more snow than we do in NY. Good to hear the tires perform reasonably well in snow.

Much appreciated.
As long as you are comfortable with A/S you’ll be ok. Otherwise, it’s worth the investment to get a set of BLIZZAK’s

·
Registered
2013 E350 4Matic Wagon
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires installed on my wagon about a month ago and I'm very pleased with the tires so far - good handling and comfort. I've driven on dry roads and wet roads. No snow in my area yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires installed on my wagon about a month ago and I'm very pleased with the tires so far - good handling and comfort. I've driven on dry roads and wet roads. No snow in my area yet.
Depending upon where you live, the Exhilarates grab & release nicely in snow too. Then again, I have a 4Matic.

·
Registered
1979 300D - 108k miles/ 2014 E250
245 Posts
I have a set of Continental Pure Contact LS on my E250. First set of Continental tires and I really like them. Very smooth and quiet. They don’t handle as well as the Michelins but good enough.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a set of Continental Pure Contact LS on my E250. First set of Continental tires and I really like them. Very smooth and quiet. They don’t handle as well as the Michelins but good enough.

On a separate theme have you or anyone had rear alignment issues that accelerate inside wear though the tires get rotated every 5k-7k miles? My MB Dealership wanted >$1,200 to do the rears because they said that they needed to remove the DEF Tank to access the alignment components

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.