Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get rid of it now. Its a 99 CLK430 with ~135k miles. Well taken care of. Interior isnt perfect. You all know what mods it has, too many to sit here and list unless theres someone truely interested in buying it. All the common problems have been replaced (MAF, CPS, water pump, etc etc) $17,500 obo. Thanks

·
Registered
05 A6 3.2Q, 07 A4 2.0T S-Line
413 Posts
What do you plan on getting next? 335i?

I keep looking at other cars (don't we all?) but I'm not sure what I would get to replace mine. A lot of choices out there and there's never anything perfect, they're all just different. Then I start thinking I'll just keep it until it starts giving me major problems or if the warranty runs out which is still 3 years away.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
halik said:
Man I don't think 17.5 will happen on a car with so many miles
Apparently you dont know how many mods this car has. I've already had several offers for $15k without a few of the mods but I'd rather sell it all together. Thanks for your opinion though, it really helps.

Freddy- i'm on the list for the s/c z06 when it comes out.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz E 250 CDI
102 Posts
Guys I dunno what the markets like in the U.S.A. but Blackies car sounds like a great buy at $17,500 cosidering the mods on it.
Maybe you should sell it in Oz Blackie, we paid approx $41,000.00 US for our 430 and nahhh we didn't get stooged that's just the price ya gotta pay over here.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just figured I'd list some of the mods thats included with this price: Renntech c/f airbox, Carlsson RS replica front and rear bumper (with c/f diffuser), lorinser replica fenders, authentic lorinser decklid and roof spoilers, eisenmann race exhaust, roof painted black, 19" Black wheels with huge chrome lip, H&R cup kit, partially painted c/f hood, ******** ignition upgrade (fancy way of saying plugs and wires), speed tuning ECU tune, 20% tint, slotted/drilled rotors with low dust pads, 8000k HIDs, wood pieces wrapped in blue alcantara, etc etc. This car is by no means stock! These mods are EASILY over $10k so I dont see how my asking price is too much.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 ,Silver/Ash, Daily Driver
366 Posts
Realistically ,you are too high on the price>

Understandably the car is modded ,but majority of people want to do the mods themselves(like Harley people) .I had this experiance with my Z3 3.0 Coupe...I modded the heck out of it and still only got retail book value. That's a rare car at that. Took 8 months to find a buyer.! I sold My Z3 Coupe for $20gs and had close to $42gs or more in it..I had it for 6 years and put only 53000 miles on it..
I bought the '99 430 with 48500 miles on it for $16500 and its fully loaded .... I spent about $600 to get it the way I want it..No Mods ,just wear parts..

I'm sure your car looks awesome,but I have learned my lesson..

·
Registered
482 Posts
blackbenzz said:
I just figured I'd list some of the mods thats included with this price: Renntech c/f airbox, Carlsson RS replica front and rear bumper (with c/f diffuser), lorinser replica fenders, authentic lorinser decklid and roof spoilers, eisenmann race exhaust, roof painted black, 19" Black wheels with huge chrome lip, H&R cup kit, partially painted c/f hood, ******** ignition upgrade (fancy way of saying plugs and wires), speed tuning ECU tune, 20% tint, slotted/drilled rotors with low dust pads, 8000k HIDs, wood pieces wrapped in blue alcantara, etc etc. This car is by no means stock! These mods are EASILY over $10k so I dont see how my asking price is too much.
Good luck on the sale. Just one word of advise tho, and please do not take this as me being a smart a$$....nobody cares about the mods when it comes to pricing. Only a car enthusiest will care but the milage will deter most enthusiest away. I've been through it before so I'm speaking from experience.

Do you know what the bule book is? If your price is below or right on the money with private party blue book you should not have any problems selling the car.:thumbsup:

In regard to the SC ZO6...is it the Blue Maco Shark so they say in all the magazines?

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
The C6 Z06 alone scares the shit out of me. You have to really know what you're doing to drive that thing right, and you're getting an even faster Z06, props man.

Good luck on the sale, you just have to find the right buyer/enthusiast, hopefully one comes up soon.

·
Registered
00 CLK 430
405 Posts
^^ i can see 16 happening.....

i have a buyer for my 00 w/ 76K miles........i'm askin 14,500

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
1,680 Posts
If Benz's are like Porsches, some people will want a 100% bone stock car and won't consider anything else. Others will want a car that's already been (correctly) modified and are willing to pay a premium. By correctly modified, I mean premium parts. If you've got the goods, you may wish to consider NOT giving them away.

Many people will say, "oh man, you know, those $4K Kenesis wheels really don't add value . . . . . . .", but those are the same people that will be saying "Look at the deal I got!!!" to all their friends.

I sold a 400,000+ mile modified Rx-7 and there was a literal waiting list for that car. If your car is premium, you may want to consider asking premium money. Alternatively, you could return it to stock and sell all the extras individually. Trade your bumpers for stock PLUS CASH. Ditto for wheels, shocks, springs, stereo, ECU, airbox, brakes, everything! It's been my experience that people will pay.

·
Registered
482 Posts
MarcusF said:
If Benz's are like Porsches, some people will want a 100% bone stock car and won't consider anything else. Others will want a car that's already been (correctly) modified and are willing to pay a premium. By correctly modified, I mean premium parts. If you've got the goods, you may wish to consider NOT giving them away.

Many people will say, "oh man, you know, those $4K Kenesis wheels really don't add value . . . . . . .", but those are the same people that will be saying "Look at the deal I got!!!" to all their friends.

I sold a 400,000+ mile modified Rx-7 and there was a literal waiting list for that car. If your car is premium, you may want to consider asking premium money. Alternatively, you could return it to stock and sell all the extras individually. Trade your bumpers for stock PLUS CASH. Ditto for wheels, shocks, springs, stereo, ECU, airbox, brakes, everything! It's been my experience that people will pay.
You're right... people will pay for the parts if you part out the car but if you do not have the original parts to replace them when selling the car at the end you will find yourself in another perdicament.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
76 Posts
Yeah i posted my car on the site for 18000 OBO 2000 CLK 430 cab new tires brakes, etc and didnt even get one response for it. I guess cause it has 100,000 miles on it. but it still blue books at 21000. So I guess I'll go auto trader route good luck with the sale. :D

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
1,680 Posts
CLK MAN said:
You're right... people will pay for the parts if you part out the car but if you do not have the original parts to replace them when selling the car at the end you will find yourself in another perdicament.
That's not a problem for me. I keep everything. The last guy that bought a car from me got a car and a half. My problem wasn't returning it to stock, it was what to do with all the leftovers. Aside from what you see in these photos (three sets of cats, complete exhaust, 2 spare ECUs, CAS, Mallory CD ignition system, custom fan, electronic bits, etc.), I still had wheels that I had to unload separately.

When I sold the Porshce, I had even more parts.

Back on topic, I think BlackBenzz should hold out for the right price. Every time someone buys one of these cars for cheap, it lowers the resale price for all the other CLKs. The reason a 1973 911 goes for a lot more money than a 1978 911 isn't because it's a better car. It's because most people with an early car won't sell it cheap. If the same thing happened in the CLK community, we'd all be better off. New buyers wouldn't think much of the idea, but I say, "If they can't step up, let them buy Hondas."

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
97 Posts
I would like to see some pics. I know all my friends around here love my car and someone would probably take it off your hands. Send me some pics and what has been done to the car and I will post it on myspace for everyone around here to see it. We do this all the time and cars sell quick. I sold my Lexus in two days. Just a suggestion.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Yea man, I agree, unless you're in a rush I say hold out. Hell, you should sell it for 20, IMHO. Put it up on EBAY.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jasonowens32 said:
I would like to see some pics. I know all my friends around here love my car and someone would probably take it off your hands. Send me some pics and what has been done to the car and I will post it on myspace for everyone around here to see it. We do this all the time and cars sell quick. I sold my Lexus in two days. Just a suggestion.:thumbsup:
Cool. Pm me your email and I'll send some pics. Here are some uploaded ones for now.

I also have all the stock parts except the rear bumper.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts