Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peeps

I am trying to sell my car and I have it out on Craig's List, Cars.com, Autotrader.com, Google and other smaller sites. I am debating whether I should put it on eBay as well - most of the cars there seem to be selling for low prices or not at all.

Anyone advising in favor of?

Thanks,
Sergiu

·
Registered
Honda Odyssey Touring 2006 ML350 (GONE) 2006 E350 4MATIC (love it)
570 Posts
Suggestion

I must suggest one thing, Do not take pic in a car wash parking lot and expect people to think your on top of your game. Not to down play you or your car, but I would of found a better place then Self Serv. I know with a 617 area code there are better places to offset the car then the local car wash. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I guess you have a point. I just did it after I washed it... Maybe I should go in front of the Ritz and do it :)

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
LOTS of people overpay on eBay.

Might be good for you, too.

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
lkchris said:
LOTS of people overpay on eBay.

Might be good for you, too.

Did you see my post on your original thread? I sold a boat through Ebay, got way more than the reserve and it was higher than my advertised price in the local paper.
By the way, Doc is right .. do the photo set with some landscape other than "Mo's Car scrape and scrub"

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes lear31adriver, I did see your post - thanks a lot, I will try it. Will also take different pictures. I live by the ocean so that might be a good option.

·
Registered
Honda Odyssey Touring 2006 ML350 (GONE) 2006 E350 4MATIC (love it)
570 Posts
Let Us Know

Let us know what happens, beacuse we are all at some point selling something.. What gets us the most is the best, although we all now not to buy boats from ebay.... LOL Kidding lear.

Take some cool pics once the rain stops. Also, if you are in a are where there has been flooding, try to change that number or get even a temp number until it sells and use a email acct. people are kinda odd when it comes to water in their cars. Just a thought, and I know it might sound like a pain, but it may cause less hassle long term. Just get a 2nd line on ur cell. You can choose area code.

If there is water damage then yes you have to tell, but if not then you are better off staying clear of that topic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely post some feedback. As far as the rain goes, I was ina safe area (downtown Boston) and no damage to my cars or property occurred - thank God!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Comparables

Found this one on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-MU...4641080472QQcategoryZ6335QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Brand new post from a Texas dealer. It has higher miles than yours, looks like a plain model, no options except Parktronic. They are asking $30,400.

Important thing is look at the photos. Very professional. Nice overall ad. Yours has all the goodies that will add value. Make certain you really point them out. I'd ask 35k and see what happens with a 32k reserve.

endodoc ... funny guy! I think it was a Haaavard MBA that bought it! Had to show him the difference between port side and data port. :)

Dallas500 ought to see this one, probably the only Texas MB that doesn't have "knobby" tires and a set of horns on the hood! I'll bet it's rigged for them though!

Two with one shot .. the day is good.

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
lear31a driver said:
Found this one on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-MU...4641080472QQcategoryZ6335QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dallas500 ought to see this one, probably the only Texas MB that doesn't have "knobby" tires and a set of horns on the hood! I'll bet it's rigged for them though!

Two with one shot .. the day is good.
Lear - Now where did that come from - just minding my business, not bullshitting anyone by giving advice by copy and pasting excerpts from other sites;) like someone else we know ... :)

Thought knobby tires were good - gave me that offroad\dirt road sort of vibration\ feeling I want. These smooth rides just don't cut it for me. Need them horn to keep the trucks out of my way and them Cali folk moving here. I belive the hook up is there for the horns - just have to yank that plastic peice in front of the headlight that pops open and add a musical horn to it - one on each side.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dallas_E500 said:
Lear - Now where did that come from - just minding my business, not bullshitting anyone by giving advice by copy and pasting excerpts from other sites;) like someone else we know ... :)

Thought knobby tires were good - gave me that offroad\dirt road sort of vibration\ feeling I want. These smooth rides just don't cut it for me. Need them horn to keep the trucks out of my way and them Cali folk moving here. I belive the hook up is there for the horns - just have to yank that plastic peice in front of the headlight that pops open and add a musical horn to it - one on each side.
Just waking you up, haven't heard from you in a while. Thought you might have vanished into the "Great Plains".

By the way .. those pop out thingy's in front of the headlights are not to give the livestock a drink of water, or your ranch hands either for that matter.

Attachments

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Lear - anyway you can rig it with a high pressure washer to wash my herd of cattle.

Never used the headlight washer - any way to turn them around to spray pedestrians who take their sweet ass time to cross, or when being courteous and letting them cross, they don't have the courtesy to try and cross faster.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dallas_E500 said:
Lear - anyway you can rig it with a high pressure washer to wash my herd of cattle.

Never used the headlight washer - any way to turn them around to spray pedestrians who take their sweet ass time to cross, or when being courteous and letting them cross, they don't have the courtesy to try and cross faster.
Sheeeeat Dallas, I figured y' all used them washers all the time! Hell, had visions of some Texan drilling holes on the top so he could take a shower out in the field, hang the towel on that handy "star".

I better quit while I'm ahead ... you'll get "pro diesel" after me.

·
Registered
04 E500
334 Posts
Why do I have this weird feeling that your ideas are actually what you've devised up while you drive your E500 on the Cali roads tearing up your tires and rims. You are ready for a time incase you get caught out in the wild with a non-functional jack and need to take shower after a wheel change :)

Guess we have deviated from the question asked on this thread - oh well cow herding seems more fun than ebay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had pretty good luck on Ebay, though not selling vehicles. The good thing is it is fairly cheap to get your vehicle in front of a lot of people. The bad thing like you say is everyone is looking for the cheapest price. Your price seems pretty reasonable, so you may not have an issue. Make sure you do a reserve though. Also, I have a 2003 E500 but a different grille. Where did you get the one with the large MB logo?? Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the grille on eBay, try doing a search for "w211 grille" to see the selection or try *************.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in favor , I bought sold my Acura and got my benz all on Ebay, it saved me a lot of time and headache. just make sure you're buying from a trusted source.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know, it's a risk but I saw that auctions without a reserve get slightly better prices. Let's see...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts