Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 560 SEC
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a small kit of their dye. I tried World Upholstery, Leatherique and UPH for matches on my 268 Orion Gray interior all matches have been terrible, most only list 266 or 238 as the lt gray interior color for 126. The actual color code from my Vin is 268 Orion Gray. Dynamix is the first company I have run across that actually lists this as a color for Mercedes. They have four pages of colors for Mercedes alone. The guys in the UK Clubs say the product is great and the color match was spot on. it is a UK based firm with product for sale on eBay.

Dynamix Car Leather Dye, Car Leather Repair, Leather Dyes & Leather Care Products

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,102 Posts
I think i used this for my steering wheel. It was black though so i dont know about matching. Worked out very good, dabbed on and lacquered over with leather sealant. Looked like new and didnt wear at all. A lot easier to do a wheel than seats though maybe.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL, 1979 Cressida MX32, 2006 F150 Lariat
1,510 Posts
I have never used Dynamix Dye before but Leatherique was simply the best out there from what I was told. I ordered a Leatherique re-dye kit a few months ago but I have not done anything with my seats or steering wheel yet so I couldn't say for sure. I am thinking that maybe this job might be given to a professional upholstery shop instead.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,102 Posts
You could try a small piece yourself? I've only done my wheel and a bolster but both came out good. Its all in making sure the leather is fed fed fed, then cleaned and cleaned some more, no grease. Then Bobs your uncle. I just dabbed mine on. Dont know about larger areas though..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts