Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at upgrading my 06 S65 and had a few questions. I wanted to get the Video in Motion w/ back up camera, the HDTV tuner, and the rear entertainment system for the kids. Its going to be over $3k so I want to see if anyone has ever used their products and what they think of them? Also is the installation plug and play or so you need to cut wires? I worked at a Mercedes Dealership for about 6 years so I know how to tear into these cars, just wondering if I need to break out the soldering gun! Thanks in advance guys!

Also, if you have success with another system please let me know too! Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
Others should weigh in on experiences, but none of the items you are considering require cutting at all. Everything is basically plug-in type of affair.
I too am a Mercedes tech, and can help you with any problems or questions you may have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good! Would there be a discount if I was to get all 3 things together? Just looking to save a few bucks!

Not to mention if I could "sell" this to the wife. "Hey babe, if we get everything we save $300!" Im sure I would be able to convince her!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else have any input? Im sure Cartronics has sold units to people on this board. Just wondering what you have to say about the products. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So should I assume that no one has ever upgraded their Comand unit to watch movies? :confused: I beginning to think that may be this isnt a good idea?

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
I can only tell yoU we have had approx 1100 clients do it so far. Around 80 just since Monday from the black Friday sale.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can only tell yoU we have had approx 1100 clients do it so far. Around 80 just since Monday from the black Friday sale.
Well my dear friend, I went ahead and ordered the VIM w/ backup camera and the HDTV tuner (since they were on sale). I didnt see an option for "express" shipping but Im in San Diego. Is there anyway to get them here by Weds? Im going out of town on Thurs night and I would love to install this by then! Thanks again!:bowdown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts