Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 S420
548 Posts
Save the trouble and the cash, and install Bosch Platinum at $2.17 per plug, or Bosch Platinum+4 at $6 each. The Bosch work just as well. Unless your originals are so fouled up, or the resistor has been degraded due to an over-extended interval of service (over 60k miles), you will not see any performance or mileage gains.

·
Registered
W140 S600 300D300SD
226 Posts
helo ychachad i use Bosch fr8dc4 as this is what the dealer recommends is this the best practical choice for my s600? what other plugs can i use?

·
Registered
1995 S420
548 Posts
I believe the plugs you can use are Bosch Platinum 4202, and Platinum+4 4418. Check the www.boschusa.com website to be sure. I have the Platinum +4, but if I were to do it again, I'd go with regular platinum and save the cash. They are quite easy to replace by yourself as a DIY, it takes about 45 mins.

·
Registered
1997 S500
281 Posts
I know you guys are going to croak when I tell you this but... I replaced my original plugs at 90k in my 97 S500 with standard everyday-even boring Autolite plugs from my local auto parts store. Gas milage increased (about 1mpg) and car runs better. The electrodes in the old plugs were worn out and the resulting gap was almost twice the spec. Total outlay- about $9.00.[:D]

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
And remember to take the afternoon off if you dont have the correct tool to do the far right one.. Its a bitch to get in and out..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts