Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,938 Posts
Not a bad looking product, but they fail to mention the dimensions of the mirrors or how the drivers side (US) is controlled. Only the passenger side on both my first and now second W124 have/had power adjusted mirrors. Maybe not the case with later models.

Good Luck with our choice.

Jayare

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jayare said:
Not a bad looking product, but they fail to mention the dimensions of the mirrors or how the drivers side (US) is controlled. Only the passenger side on both my first and now second W124 have/had power adjusted mirrors. Maybe not the case with later models.

Good Luck with our choice.

Jayare
Cheers mate.
My W124 does have power mirrors on both sides so that shouldn't be a problem (or so I hope..)
I am just not quite sure about the fitment and quality.. Hence it would be great if some members can chime in about that...

Thx for your very helpful response
Jeff

·
Registered
E500Es
29,576 Posts
I picked up a different brand a bit back and the only thing that I did not like was the plastic interface that goes between your door and the mirror to mount everything up. Its fitment was less than perfect and required some work to eliminate air leaks.

On the other side of that coin, those same mounting plates allow you to pretty much mount up ANY of the aftermarket mirrors that would go to anything from Bimmer to Honda to VW. It opens up the mod market much.

I put them on the shelf with the intent of redesigning the mounting plate in a slightly different polymar to eliminate the sealing issues but a 500E project is getting all my time right now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mcbear, so does that mean if I get the mirrors, I can pretty much use any other mirrors for other cars? I've always liked the way VW/Audi mirrors looked and it would be great if they can fit!!

All the best with the 500E!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts