Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install them on my c class... Having a little difficulty finding the wire for the 12v power source. Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was told that there were'nt any illuminated door sills for the w202. where did you get them?<br> <br> maybe its the red one. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please help door sill problem

can anyone add to this? how to install the amg door sills. Well really where to get power from. I already have the install done and wiring but dont know where to get the power from so when the door opens the sills light up. Tried to get it from the pop out button on the door but that didnt work. Please help

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Please help door sill problem

can anyone add to this? how to install the amg door sills. Well really where to get power from. I already have the install done and wiring but dont know where to get the power from so when the door opens the sills light up. Tried to get it from the pop out button on the door but that didnt work. Please help
The button on the door switches ground. The sills must be wired to a constant 12v source, which can be found in the fusebox (use the interior illumination fuse).

-s-

·
Registered
13 Posts
THe fuse box at the engine bay or in the trunk? and how do I get to it. You can send me ...

THe fuse box at the engine bay or in the trunk? and how do I get to it. You can send me email to [email protected], if you have a step by step how to do.
thanks

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: THe fuse box at the engine bay or in the trunk? and how do I get to it. You can send

THe fuse box at the engine bay or in the trunk? and how do I get to it.
The either one will work. The one in the engine bay you can get to through the hood. The one in the trunk... well it's in the trunk under the floor mat.

-s-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I just finished wiring the sills up took 72min to do, at a nice lesurely pace. I too...

Well I just finished wiring the sills up took 72min to do, at a nice lesurely pace. I took my own approach and taped into the rear passanger over head light. When one door opens the will all light up, which doesnt bother me. I took pics and will write up a DIY thread on it.

·
Registered
2002 SLK32; 2008 R350
7 Posts
I just bought the AMG Illuminated Sills. Does anyone have a DYI intructions?

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
2008 W211
50 Posts
hi
can you tell me where to buy these lighted sill plates? and how much you paid for these> I've been searching for months without luck. Thank you

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,323 Posts
To install a iluminated door sills. You can find the istructions in the Publication section of Benzworld. To get 12 volt you can tap it from the rear lights in the ceiling. So everytime you open the doors, the door sills will go on. Check it out.

Eddie

·
Registered
C36 AMG 1995
37 Posts
I brought some a few week's ago from ebay; they look very keeping with the car. Polished stainless with neon blue AMG logo.

One quick point about wiring them up to the interior light door switch plungers.

These switches work on a negative earth, so all you need to do it tap into any live wire running down each side and then wire the earth into the switch. (Because these switch are also wired into the central locking system you will find the light's will remain on when the ignition key in on, but when removed they will switch off).

Later

·
Registered
5 Posts
have you done a diy thread on these sills and where did you buy them do all four light up because i know you can get a set of four sills where only the two front light of course with the four lighting up ,more expensive

·
Registered
ML 320 2001 / C 230 Kompressor 1999 / Mazda Miata / Plymouth Voyager 1998
11 Posts
nguyenphananh said:
hi
can you tell me where to buy these lighted sill plates? and how much you paid for these> I've been searching for months without luck. Thank you
hello!! GO TO EBAY:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCEDES-W220-ALUM-DOOR-SILLS-PANEL-S430-S500-EMBLEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33633QQihZ002QQitemZ120043748355QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ASK HIM ABOUT DOOR SILLS ILLUMINATED FOR C-CLASS I BOUGHT FROM HIM TWO PAIR FOR MY CARS, ML AND C. HE IS VERY NICE PERSON BELIEVE ME

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,Can you tell me were you got the illuminated amg door sills from.I have tried ebay with no luck.Any chance of sending a picture of them on the car. (98 C43)

·
Registered
202 C Klasse
42 Posts
It's relatively easy, take off all the door sills, rear lower seat bench and rear upper seat back, coverings on the bottom of the b pillars and tap the front door switches there, and tap the rear door switches, then wire each positive wire to a constant power wire in the door sill which you can find with a voltage test light.

With tapping the door switches, there will be two or three wires, my front doors had three and the rear doors had two wires, two will be brown and one will be twin coloured or one will be brown and the other will be twin coloured. Regardless of how many wires there are, tap the twin coloured wire to the negative door sill wire.

Doing it this way will allow each sill to be lit up independently depending on what door is open. Also when you set the interior lights to be off when you enter the car the door sills will still light up if you want that.

I bought mine from *************.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts