Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.6 Auto, Artic White/grey MB-Tex
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a tint guy. He said he may have problems because of the rain/light sensor. I'm also worried about the light gray cloth covering the A-pillar trim. I'm afraid the water/liquid will stain it. Anyone know how to remove them? I thought I had read where you remove a plug and the screw underneath it, but mine don't have any plugs. Has anyone had any problems getting the top of their windshield tinted?

·
Registered
2004 C-320
34 Posts
I had the whole front window tinted, it does not effect the rain sensor in anyway due to the rain sensors being mounted in the black area at the top of the window, behind the rear view mirror. As for stains, it did not leave any.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response, BUT I need to know from someone who only had a narrow strip of tint applied to the top of the window. The reason the sensor might affect the install is that you have to cut out a large square from a thin strip of tint. Cutting that same sized square from a large piece of tint covering most of your windshield isn't as big a deal.

·
Registered
04c230k sport sedan
224 Posts
i didnt do 6, i had 4in done because the windshield seemed far to small for 6in of tint on the windshield. my rain sensor still works fine and nothing is stained. i dont know what a light sensor is or even if my car has it. i can supply you with pictures if you need them. hope this post helps.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About 1" down from the top of the windshield, in the center, is a black plastic cover, approx. 4" square, covering a rain sensor. For a large area surrounding the sensor is black dot matrix that is painted onto the glass. You usually see this painted black dot matrix along the edges of the windshield and rear glass. Are your A-pillar covers covered w/ cloth?

·
Registered
04c230k sport sedan
224 Posts
yes. the tint was placed on the inside so i think that he cut the tint strip so that it does not interfere with that piece of plastic. the a pillars are uneffected by the tint install as is any cloth/carpet in my vehicle.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
I had mine put on about a year ago and my rain sensor still working fine, as you can see on my blurry picture, and for the head liner they just used liquid soap and water so it will not leave any stain. Go find another tint shop[;)]

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts