Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,...im almost there...just found out that my power steering pump is leaking oil. Please let me know (here or PM) if youre selling one out of your S500 or S420. I have self-leveling.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a seal kit available for about $40, if you are so inclined!
1-is it also for pumps with self leveling?

2-is leakage the biggest problem with these pumps?

thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes, rebuild kits are available for the self-leveling pump. This type of pump is refered to as a "tandem" pump. But you must obtain the manufacturer and model number from the rating plate on the side of YOUR pump. There are several manufacturers, such as Vickers, and several models. So clean off the dirt and read the info on the pump.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, rebuild kits are available for the self-leveling pump. This type of pump is refered to as a "tandem" pump. But you must obtain the manufacturer and model number from the rating plate on the side of YOUR pump. There are several manufacturers, such as Vickers, and several models. So clean off the dirt and read the info on the pump.
OK. Thanks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Same problem with mine. On my 600 its a dual Vickers pump - and Mercedes no longer have any stock of these (UK or Germany). I purchased the seal kit - BUT to remove the pump its a major task involving the removal of the radiator draining and removal of the aircon etc ! So for now (until the aircon needs a regas) I'm living with it :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
If anyone can help me also, I'm looking for a Power Steering Pump also for my 95' S500 coupe. But how do you know if its a Self Leveling or not?

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
self leveling p/s pump

600s should have self leveling struts,look at the rear shocks and see if there is a hydrolic line going to them...It is possible that someone could off eliminated them with conventional shocks...hope this helps you..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts