Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 E550C
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This message appears occasionally , "ESC Inoperative." Usually occurs with aggressive shifting in Economy or Sports Mode. Requires car be turned off and restarted in order to reset. Obviously, this can be problematic.

Attachments

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,962 Posts
ESC Error Message.

ESC is like ESP. When that comes up on the dash for no good reason you have a issue. Majority of the times the module needs to just be reset/flashed or the unit is dead. Does it happen every time you start up?

I have never had mine light up as I do not drive aggressive with mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This message appears occasionally , "ESC Inoperative." Usually occurs with aggressive shifting in Economy or Sports Mode. Requires car be turned off and restarted in order to reset. Obviously, this can be problematic.
We'll if your driving hard, it's common to have a esc turn off or inform you that your either losing traction. Best bet is to have it scanned.

·
Registered
2011 E550C
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
I finally took my E550C to MB for diagnostics. Service Rep was very appreciative I mentioned the Renntech ECU mod right away. They worked with Renntech to re-flash the ECU and add latest MB upgrades. Provided me with a loaner MB for the four days it took to ship and get ECU back. No charge, covered by both MB & Renntech warranty!
Been driving in my typical fashion now for 2 weeks. No issues.

·
Registered
2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 Sport
5 Posts
I have the same problem, but it only happens when I'm manually shifting at half throttle in 2nd or 3rd gear when the RPM reaches between 2500 and 3000. It never happens when I'm aggressively shifting at full throttle.

I just had my car in for service and asked if there was an ECU update and they said no. I was reluctant to tell them about my Renntech ECU tune because I didn't want to risk losing my MB warrantyy. Are you saying that MB actually sent your ECU to Renntech to have it reprogrammed? And that it didn't affect your warranty? I was told when I bought my car that an ECU upgrade would void my warranty.

·
Registered
2013 E350,2008 E320 Bluetec (until 11/14), 2004 Volvo V70, 2001 SLK320, 1972 MGB
182 Posts
I have the same problem, but it only happens when I'm manually shifting at half throttle in 2nd or 3rd gear when the RPM reaches between 2500 and 3000. It never happens when I'm aggressively shifting at full throttle.

I just had my car in for service and asked if there was an ECU update and they said no. I was reluctant to tell them about my Renntech ECU tune because I didn't want to risk losing my MB warrantyy. Are you saying that MB actually sent your ECU to Renntech to have it reprogrammed? And that it didn't affect your warranty? I was told when I bought my car that an ECU upgrade would void my warranty.
From Renntech website:
RENNtech has been at the forefront of the tuning market for more than 21 years and stands behind all our products with a rock solid warranty. In fact, RENNtech continues to be the tuning choice of Mercedes Benz Dealerships who not only install and service our products, but work with RENNtech directly should the need for warranty arise

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to remedy the issue when it came up in my 2010 E350 4matic by resetting the transmission. The issue has yet to come back up since. What’s strange is I got the same message but it also said my abs was inoperable as well also my windshield wipers would not work. I think it’s a fuse issue. Next week my code reader comes I will post whatever codes I find, and this weekend I will be testing all the fuses in both my fuse boxes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to remedy the issue when it came up in my 2010 E350 4matic by resetting the transmission. The issue has yet to come back up since. What’s strange is I got the same message but it also said my abs was inoperable as well also my windshield wipers would not work. I think it’s a fuse issue. Next week my code reader comes I will post whatever codes I find, and this weekend I will be testing all the fuses in both my fuse boxes.
Same issues, same care did you find remedy?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How have you fixed the issue I’m dealing with the esc inoperative on my e63. There isn’t any other light on except the traction off. When I click the traction button to Turn it off it doesn’t do anything

1 - 14 of 14 Posts