Registered
W209 CLK500 & W220 S430
320 Posts
Like a hot rod ?

·
Registered
Silver 2010 S550
257 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! You should also try putting 20's on the right side and 16's on the left. The self leveling should handle the rest. Post pics
:goojob:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sounds like a great idea! You should also try putting 20's on the right side and 16's on the left. The self leveling should handle the rest. Post pics
:goojob:
Okay smartass so you think your an internet comedian? FYI a lot of cars come STOCK with 18/19 setups from the factory. Ex. dodge viper. Its not that craaaaaazy of an idea, was just a thought. But then again you probally have never owned an exotic or sportscar worth a shit.

Just keep riding around in your old benz, btw purples for..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
S500/500SEL/300E
363 Posts
Are you going to lower it? I am considering doing the same thing 19/20's. As long as it's not 4matic you'll be fine. Lowering links will allow you to dial it all in perfect.

·
Registered
w202, w124, w220, w210
142 Posts
The problem with mercedes is that the rear would tuck wayyyy more than the front. It would look kinda odd with the bigger sidewall on the front and the big rims on the rear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to lower it? I am considering doing the same thing 19/20's. As long as it's not 4matic you'll be fine. Lowering links will allow you to dial it all in perfect.
Yeah, I think it you got the right stance by playing with lowering links it could look very agressive.

·
Registered
Silver 2010 S550
257 Posts
Tuflon
Lighten up... It was all in good fun. I'm aware that this practice takes place and looks outstanding on some muscle car types. Not sure it will really be an appropriate look for a luxury sedan like the w220...but then again people say the same thing about putting 20s all around. By all means give it a shot and let us all know how it works out.

And you're right I haven't owned an exotic or sports car worth a shit...just the same junky benz you're discussing. Here's mine...would love to see yours.:surrender:

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 S500 Designo
825 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the traction control will go crazy (error) with that type of setup. The overall diameter MUST be the same front to rear (and side to side). It will require taller sidewalls on the front 19" wheels and lower sidewalls on the rear 20" wheels to match diameters. That is if the traction control works anything like my BMW.
Only on a 4matic car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts