Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try Axxis Metal Masters, much lower in dust and lighter colored (more)

When they were sold under the Repco name, they were guaranteed not to squeal, I assume they still are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone replace their brake pads with aftermarket pads? I've seen some ads stating less brake dust. C

The stock ones give out so much dust. It's soo hard to clean.<p>Thanks<p>Warren

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get the EBC Green Stuff pads...more

upgrades brake performance by 30-50%, friction co-efficient of 0.46â•¡<br>excellent initial bite resulting in instant response - no warm-up needed<br>class-leading fade resistance on the street - heat stable to a blistering 550â•‘C<br>extremely low disc abrasion - due to high Kevlar content<br>low dust formula, great for alloys - due to zero carbon content<br>low vibration - smooth operation<p>The 430 and 320 have the same part numbers :<br>Front: D740<br>Rear : DP21075<p>Here's their site :<br><A href="http://www.ebc-brakes.com/mercedes.htm">EBC Brakes</A><br>Phone : (702) 293-1496<p>Frank<br>: The stock ones give out so much dust. It's soo hard to clean.<p>Thanks<p>Warren<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used EBC brakes

The have the EBC green stuff.<br>They advertise dust free...bullcrap. They dust up almost as much as <br>the stock pads, BUT the dust is lighter in color <br>and cleans off easy.<br>The biggest complaint is that they squeel.<br>Better braking...would I buy again? No.<br>Bill

· Banned
2006 S500, 2003 ML350, 1996 C280 (Previously 2002 CLK320, 1995 C220, 1980 300SD TurboDiesel)
2,678 Posts
Where in the hell did you even find this dinosaur thread that was started before I was born

· Registered
06 SLK55 AMG 99 CLK320 97 BMW 540I
132 Posts
If you had bother to read the initial question on this thread, it was specific about this particular brand. Geez.

People are suspicious of low post counts that combo with a thread revival and random product plug. :p Sorry if we were wrong
On topic even though its old, I am about to replace my worn front pads with some Bosch Quietcasts (unless someone has something bad to say about them).

· Registered
2000, 430CLK Cabriolet
540 Posts
If you had bother to read the initial question on this thread, it was specific about this particular brand. Geez.
Hey 4 posts, it must be an IQ thing with you, huh, or have you not noticed the meaninglessness of your post, huh, 4 post ? I like your verb tenses, too.

· Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,865 Posts
12 year old thread? I want IN!!!

Akebono ceramics. Have 'em all around on my CLK, and went out of my way to get 'em. 0% brake dust, excellent stopping, end 12 year old thread. Just do it.

· Registered
2011 ML 350 & 2003 ML 350
21 Posts
Hey 4 posts, it must be an IQ thing with you, huh, or have you not noticed the meaninglessness of your post, huh, 4 post ? I like your verb tenses, too.
if you measure intelligence by post count, I truely feel sorry for you.:eek: I've been a member and owner of 2 mercedez for 10 years. My post was simply offering my experience with the product in question. I couldn't give a damn about "plugging" a product. I simply was reporting my findings. Seem someone has a personality issue. There's not need to insult or measure brain pans. your omnipotent. you Win!:bowdown: Now can we get on with life, please. LOL:cool:

· Registered
2000, 430CLK Cabriolet
540 Posts
if you measure intelligence by post count, I truely feel sorry for you.:eek: I've been a member and owner of 2 mercedez for 10 years. My post was simply offering my experience with the product in question. I couldn't give a damn about "plugging" a product. I simply was reporting my findings. Seem someone has a personality issue. There's not need to insult or measure brain pans. your omnipotent. you Win!:bowdown: Now can we get on with life, please. LOL:cool:
4 posts, is there some point in this mess you've left here ? Here's a tip--forethought.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.