Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so last week I was at work, had no clue that a huge thunderstorm was coming, and I left my top town. Ran out 10 minutes later, wiped up everything I could. The moisture over the coming days got under the top edges (along the window) of my door panels, and curled the leather back at the top of the doors. No other issues, but that is enough for me. That said, I'm wondering if anyone has 2 good interior door panels in black that they could part with reasonably. There are a few on ebay, but are either a different color or damaged. Just seeing if I might get lucky on here. Thanks....and take my advice - don't ever leave your top down in the rain with this nappa leather!

·
Registered
03 SL500 69 Corvette 05 Tundra
41 Posts
Have you looked into repairing your panels? You should be able to have the leather glued back down once everything is dry enough. You could do it yourself or have an upholstery shop do it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it were that easy....I really screwed up on this one. The leather on the top of the doors (where you rest your arm) actually recessed back...as in shrunk and turned hard. And since it's Nappa leather, there's no "replacing" it (I already called). My only bet is to find a couple nice door panels out of a wrecked one. What sucks is that my interior was near perfect, but man this stands out like a sore thumb....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts