Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:thumbsup:

Yes, you are not dreaming! My tech in Phoenix who is gradually restoring my C140 has asked me to propose an offer to the W140 section Forum members:-

He is a Mercedes expert technician, having worked for over twenty years at several Mercedes dealers. He is also recommended on the Forum (tech section) amongst those commended in AZ. I find him scrupulously honest and excellent.

So here's the scoop: He loves W140's and one of the W140's he currently has, is a 1993 S500 which he is restoring and he has come across a niggle that he is "flummoxed" by. Rather than just do what many techs might do and just start replacing parts (part after part after part - you know the kind of story I mean...! :eek:), he is searching for the true cause..., which as we all know is sometimes buried a little deeper and dirtier in our beloved Daimlers.

So, he offers up to four hours of free labour to any of you Forum W140 owners who own a 92 - 94 S500 (pref 93) who will allow him to also use your W140 to simply compare a few readings and so forth on a deeper diagnostic trouble shoot, that I understand is made a bit easier when comparing side by side.

Don't shoot the messenger in case I have got any of the details wrong. This gentleman is highly trustworthy:- Everyone I know and met when down there, trusts him completely, including the MB dealers I met and Bud at MB Motors in Phoenix also spoke highly of me.

PM for details...!

You don't get an offer like this every day!

Tack - if only you had a Generation 1 W140, as I think you'd enjoy driving down to meet this tech from Vegas! One of us.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey, we need a build thread on your car and all the other W140 that is being worked on...have him get on here to start it...we need some good stories...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Rich, I didn't know you were in Phoenix! My dad does a lot of work with Dial/Henckel in Scottsdale (I'm sure you know the building, the 101 eyesore). My family vacations in Scottsdale or Fountain Hills almost every year, so I am pretty familiar with it. Are you in Phoenix proper or one of the suburbs?

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, I'm not currently in Phoenix,. but my 140 is.... I was there in September on business and happened that the car checked out well, so... now its being prepared to likely head home with me by Xmas.

So come on, someone must have a Gen 1 W140 in or close to Phoneix who'd like a few hours free MB expert work!!??

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leonard - I spoke to David and he might be willing to do a build thread... but he didn't sound overly keen. He did however ask me to pass on that he 100% agrees with the way I described him in that rather than just replacing parts (part after part after part) he likes to actually repair the underlying cause of the malfunction in our cars whenever possible, if that applies....

Scapin - if you or your family, anyone want me to put you in touch with David - just
holler!

Jeez - On the one hand I can't wait to get my car back, on the other I want him to keep driving it to dig deeper and deeper and get it really right. Like he just said to me on the phone "yes, the heating all works now after we put the duo valve in", but check this - he then said "but, I have not had time to check the temperature settings with a thermometer yet." What with Stryker and The Andrew and Z168 all inisisting I go with original parts, I am hoping this will turn out well....

I'm like a kid at Christmas all over again... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts