Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here and to the W124---which I got 2 weeks ago, mostly rundown.

There's a button in the center console that I'm not sure of though. Does anyone know what it is or does, please?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Ejector seat?

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
TURBO BOOST - PANIC BUTTON, or to turn off tail/brake lights when making a run for it...

Seriously, this is nothing more than a very low grade hack job, could be associated with a old custom installed alarm system.

If it were mine, I'd have the panel off and be tracing the wire(s), probably to a dead end...

I have something similar next to the head light switch on one of my 124's, (actually only the hole remains...)

I need to replace the headlight switch panel one of these days.... good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thanks for the responses! I think I just wanted to make sure it wasn't stock. But I'll try tracing any wires if there are any. Anyhow, I'll just replace the entire panel and get rid of it

TURBO BOOST - PANIC BUTTON, or to turn off tail/brake lights when making a run for it...

Seriously, this is nothing more than a very low grade hack job, could be associated with a old custom installed alarm system.

If it were mine, I'd have the panel off and be tracing the wire(s), probably to a dead end...

I have something similar next to the head light switch on one of my 124's, (actually only the hole remains...)

I need to replace the headlight switch panel one of these days.... good luck
Ejector seat?
That is not stock, some aftermarket stuff, stock center console should look like below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
amgtimes
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing