Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY2000 SL600 Sport

I recently replaced my coolant pump. This involved removing the fan shroud, radiator, fan clutch, thermostat, thermostat housing, and coolant pump, and replacing.

In the end I found one allen bolt left in my tray. Looking high and low and borrowing an inspection camera I cannot find where it may have come from :frown I have driven larger and larger trips culminating in a 188 mile trek yesterday with no problems or rattles.

Upon taking pictures for your perusal, I went to the garage and measured what size allen key it uses. Much to my surprise a 6mm was loose and it turns out it is a 1/4 SAE!

Could it be that it did not come from my baby at all but is a leftover from some other project? It is not magnetic if that helps.

Thank you for any input. :smile

Attachments

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
When my bottom cushions were removed..bolt similar to yours was removed...previous poster says... MB bolts don't have the lines on the bolt head though....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you mahunt I appreciate your steering me in the right direction. It turns out it is an SAE thread as well as hex size head. 1/4 inch fine.

No more worries, no more straining to hear any rattles from where it might have come from. Yahooo!

And thank you too Benica for replying.

Take care and enjoy :smile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
sylwedydd
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing