Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup ....i had one of the replica roof spoilers on my car...didnt fit well so i took it off and was gunna try putting it on with permanent epoxy glue this time...but now i cant even find where the hell i put it!!..mad as hell....so unless it miraculously shows up..i need to get another one soon since im gunna b sending my car in for the bodywork in about a week.....anyone know where i can get one besides that ONE on ebay...?

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
I have been wondering this same thing... Anybody know of a good place.. besides Ebay?

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hear lorinser still sells it so you can get it directly from them for abuot $500....

but i just found another one on ebay, but its from the same fuker that sells the shitty fittin carlsson bumpers..........

in regards to fitment...with the replica i had (or have somewhere) ..when u use the sticky tape stuff that you're supposed to for it, it will come off from one side or maybe even both......i didnt want it to fly off so i just took it off lol.....i was going to try to put it on with epoxy glue this time but now i cant even find it...

·
Registered
2001 CLK55
254 Posts
I would use some window glue and then use big straps to hold it down while the glue cured. There is a post here somewhere, where a guy used big straps and he strapped it down from the frame. I'll try to look for it.

Edit: I found the PICS!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i guess that works....i used the 3m shit n had it held down for a while but it still came up.....u got his thread ta c if he had ne probs afterward?

im jus gunna use epoxy glue...its supposed to be a really strong and permanent hold....thas IF i find my damn roof spoiler....

·
Registered
99 clk 320
43 Posts
i got my lorinser from evo sport.com

·
Registered
99 clk 320
43 Posts
deyainrdy4ds said:
thanks....$514+S&H..damn...i donooo lol..i think ima jus try waitin around for a replica n force it on
i only got it because the ebay one wouldn't fit right. got tired of [email protected]#kin with it!!!
also, the replica is made out of fiber glass and it has these waves in it, it isn't consistent with the rest of the cars finish.
but from 10 feet away you cant tell the difference between the two.

·
Registered
611 Posts
got mine (Lorinser) from this forum's classifieds (CLK wreck). Put on with black silicone glue. It fits so well that all I needed was masking tape until it set. Has been on with no problem for 2 years. Paid $180. Keep looking on ebay and classifieds.

·
Registered
99 clk 320
43 Posts
tomtomtomtom said:
got mine (Lorinser) from this forum's classifieds (CLK wreck). Put on with black silicone glue. It fits so well that all I needed was masking tape until it set. Has been on with no problem for 2 years. Paid $180. Keep looking on ebay and classifieds.
so i took your advise and looked on ebay just now. i found (and bought with a quickness) a Lorinser (real Lorinser) decklid spoiler to match my roof spoiler for $325 shipped. thats the same price this one seller sells his replica Lorinser decklid spoilers painted. and this thiing was coincidentally painted white (just like my car)!!! it doesn't come with 3m tape either, it comes with this german glue just like my roof spoiler came with (that stuff doesn't come off).:D

·
Registered
2001 CLK55
254 Posts
I bought one Ebay and it came stamped LORINSER, it probably isn't a lorinser but a replica, but it definately has the lorinser Stamp in it. I checked it for fitment and it seems to fit perfect. We'll see its getting painted later today.

·
Registered
00 CLK 430
405 Posts
here's a few pics of mine. i had a body shop use industrial-strength glue to hold it in place. very sturdy....

·
Registered
99 clk 320
43 Posts
AMGEEZY said:
I bought one Ebay and it came stamped LORINSER, it probably isn't a lorinser but a replica, but it definately has the lorinser Stamp in it. I checked it for fitment and it seems to fit perfect. We'll see its getting painted later today.
the replica i bought on ebay before i bouht the real one was stamped LORINSER.:mad:

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
juntao said:
here's a few pics of mine. i had a body shop use industrial-strength glue to hold it in place. very sturdy....

great fit...authentic lorinser and NOT the replica im assuming?

·
Registered
00 CLK 430
405 Posts
^^ yeah, it's an authentic Lorinser one. got it off of eBay from an mbworld member for $330... perfect fitment

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,029 Posts
It looks great, but I've got a dumb question.

How do you clean the window under there? Doesn't it get pretty dirty?

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Prana25 said:
It looks great, but I've got a dumb question.

How do you clean the window under there? Doesn't it get pretty dirty?
the whole wing sits flush against the window..theres no reaching underneath...the whole thing makes contact with the glass.......u just clean it first to achieve the best adherence..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts