Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 c300
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im painting my quater panel and i need to remove the rear door handle to use that door as a blend panel, can't see anyway to get that handle out without drilling that huge plate off the door on the inside. There has to be an easier way thet i am just over looking.....

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
there should be a small seal that covers an access hole for the torx screw that holds the infared reciver piece (it doesnt have a reciever like the driver door but same piece) one that is off the handle slides out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Open the rear door and pull the rubber door seal away about 6 inches down from window level. It just clips in. You will see a rubber plug in the door at handle level into which the interior trim clips. Pull out the trim a little and remove the rubber plug. With a torch look inside the door and you will see a torx headed screw. Undo this a few turns, you will need a long trox headed screwdriver or similar, then look outside and you will see the rear part of the outside door handle becoming loose. Pull out the rear part and then the front of the handle pulls out backwards towards the rear of the car. When you put the front part back, slide it in making sure the rear of the handle picks up the spring lever inside the door. Then insert the rear part and tighten up the torque screw. Replace trim etc. Job done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts