Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the silencer from 04 c230 kompressor.

let me know...

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
If you're talking about the supercharger silencer you should search the forum for my "exhaust and supercharger modification" thread. Different engine, but the silencer is located in the same spot. The supercharger manifold...

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the supercharger has a silencer. and i was looking to make my car louder and i dont really want to spend money on an exhaust. if you know how to remove one in a few easy steps, i know a benz mechanic who will gladly help me out, if i could just explain it to him. haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why would you buy a Mercedes that basically has engineering technology to make it quiet if you want a loud car? Definitely makes sure he is really a Mercedes technician before you let him touch your car.

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would you buy a Mercedes that basically has engineering technology to make it quiet if you want a loud car? Definitely makes sure he is really a Mercedes technician before you let him touch your car.
he is a real mercedes technician, worked at the dealership by my house for more than 20 years and opened up his own independent mercedes services company about 5 years ago. so i dont have to worry about that.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Guess you decided not to search for my thread, so I probably shouldn't even be helping at this point, but it's really simple. Just tell him there is a silencer located within the supercharger manifold. He should definitely know where to look from there...

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess you decided not to search for my thread, so I probably shouldn't even be helping at this point, but it's really simple. Just tell him there is a silencer located within the supercharger manifold. He should definitely know where to look from there...
i did actually search for your thread and found it. im going to show it to my technician friend. so thankyou for the help, it was greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes C230 SPORT
23 Posts
i have a 06 c230, and i chopped off the exhaust resonator and put a straight pipe in, and changed the muffler to a magnaflow.. Honestly i think it sounds great, a bit louder but like you can hear the tourque. it sounds awesome...
zombe is right all that engineering to shut the exhaust up, and we wanna take em out hahaha but its a sweet mod man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like a great mod, one I plan to tackle. My question and pehaps 2002C230 can help, do I need to replace any gaskets and does your air intake work? I want to tunnel more cold air in, and I wondered if the engine makes alot of hot air the k&n sucks in?

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
I did remove the custom K&N intake after having it on for over a month. I can say that the engine temperature stayed exactly the same while driving with OEM air box vs. custom intake. It will heat up with extended idling, but if you're moving at all it should be fine. Without a good designed heat shield, and air port aimed it definitely will suck in hotter engine bay air...

As for the gaskets there is one at the rear of the oil catch/resonator box you might want to consider replacing. More importantly you will want to replace both the crankcase breather hose, and supercharger breather. I believe I listed the part numbers on my thread.

My coupe is gone, totaled in an accident, so I'm going off memory. There might have been a few other gaskets, but nothing I thought needed replacement...

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a 06 c230, and i chopped off the exhaust resonator and put a straight pipe in, and changed the muffler to a magnaflow.. Honestly i think it sounds great, a bit louder but like you can hear the tourque. it sounds awesome...
zombe is right all that engineering to shut the exhaust up, and we wanna take em out hahaha but its a sweet mod man.
I just recentley deleted my resonator, and my car does sound substantially louder, i never ended up deleting the supercharger silencer, due to the fact that it sounded like a pain in the ass to take out. would you recommend the magnaflow muffler? or i was thinking of putting an HKS Universal Muffler, anyone have any thoughts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts