Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C230 Coupe; 6 speed
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the (anxiously awaited) iPod integration kit yet? The MBusa.com site says they are starting with the M class, so I don't know if it's available for my 05 C230 yet... Am curious as to what the dealers are charging for installation. The $299 retail price for the unit itself seems a bit high... the Alpine KCA-420i iPod interface is only $99 retail. Am wondering what the difference is between that and the MB branded one, or if there is an exact match of the MB branded one from Alpine.

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
I have just used the cassette adapter and lighter power cord , on my 94 E320 wagon . Great sound . I yank the cords in the parking lot - Pause the pod - hide it in the center consold .

I think I blew some speakers already.

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
my 79 model 240D is iPodded [:)] only with the tunecas transmitter though!

i was reading on MBUSA.com and it seemed odd that they would have to offer the units at different times? are these cars that different?

it seems like if one model can have it, all of them should be able to(except maybe if one of them is late in its product cycle and behind in the electronics area) use the device. its just a splice into the head unit(with some little black box connected) im assuming..

are they trying to create demand?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,095 Posts
I think DLL C230 is asking about the Mercedes iPod factory installation or retrofit, not aftermarket integration.

For aftermarket, Dension IceLink is leagues ahead of other systems for D2B equipped cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts