Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has bought one from dealership and cannot return back and refund. Wonder if anyone is interested in one? She put it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33545&item=7955064982&rd=1

·
Registered
98 SLK230k/02 SLK32
742 Posts
Re://the problem was due to the air conditioning rotor and not the control unit.

Anybody know what a AC rotor is ?

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
10 Posts
I think she probably was refering to the AC "motor", which is either the fan motor or the AC compressor.

Just a guess.

·
Registered
98 SLK230k/02 SLK32
742 Posts
I should have guessed she meant motor, yesterday was a long day...

I already have > $ 400 US in MB diagnostic work for my AC problem, AC compressor won't kick on. The dealer wants to replace the AC clutch, if that does not resolve the problem, they then will replace the AC control unit. The original diagnostics pointed to a short somewhere in the system. They 'narrowed' it down to mostly likely the clutch, or the AC controls.
I do not remember the quote on the AC control unit being that high. Summer is coming soon, and I need to do something about the broke AC.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
cindyjones.. tell your friend to find another dealer! that part costs about $240...

Lello! you might want to bid for it.. i started the bid to stir things up! hehehehe... anyway.. i had the same problem you have.. i replaced the controls and my AC has been working fine... just bid now! otherwise i'll sell it to you for double the price if i win! LOL! if this doesnt solve your problem at least you didnt pay for the whole price.. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts