Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the air tanks from the rail mog and got to looking at how they were mounted to the CASE ROPS. They have heavier mounts than the factory FOPS has! So the ends would be perfect for anyone wishing to make a FOPS for their CASE mog. I can cut off the angle iron, so it would be easy to ship them out. If anyone is interested in the mounts let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,823 Posts
FOPS - Falling Object Protection System, for trees and rocks and debris etc. Useful with overhead lifting, mining, forestry etc.

ROPS - Roll Over Protection System, for when it tries to go horizontal. Useful with conditions with side hill operation, soft ground, limited visibility to other large vehicles, mining, forestry etc.

Case MB4/94 had them as F-DOT mandated equipment becasue they were classed as tractors and tractors (and all other equipment) must have them. In this case the FOPS/ROPS rack also served as a very handy place to mount the hydraulic air compressor and storage system since all in the whole setup was probably still below the height of a high cube rail stack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts