Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install a tv in my dash and i was wondering if there is anyone who has installed a tv, or aftermarket radion in their C class. I have seen it done before so i know its possible but i believe their are a lot customizations that have to be performed. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.<br> thanks a lot.<br> <br> jp

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I too have the same question as j.paradise. About to install a alpine CVA-1005 and these stereo shops make it seem like the installation is going to be as hard as brain surgery. Maybe it is, or maybe it isn't. I don't care about the steering wheel stereo controls and I don't have a changer...therefore it should be just like any other stereo install...right?? Curious what other people are experiencing out there when they take there C to the local stereo shop.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I woudn't put an aftermarket radio, the new C class comes with Optical Digital cables wich the aftermarket stuff wont' be compatible, plus you loose a lots of features to it. The only thing you can improve is adding a sub and an amplifier equiliezer in the dash where you have the gap by default in C240's and C320's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fibre optic cables only run for the CD-changer and....

adding a sub & amp wont make a drastic difference. The thing with stereo is when u get used to it for about a few months, u'll find it not enough and start changing this and that. For now, u wont get some very nice amp and sub cause yr stock system simply cant handle the power. If u feel that u need better speakers in the future, u'll have get everything all over again cause yr amp and sub will be too weak. So u'll ended up paying more for buying everything from scratch. Its better to take out everything now and get yrself a decent system. By the way, I've done this and its not a problem at all. Its just u have to find a good custom stereo shop!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HT.. where do you live?? i want to know how to get this unit in.

i live in nj and i need to get this unit in. i just got my indash tv and want to get this installed. where should i go and how much do you think installation would be?? email me if you want at [email protected]<br> <br> thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts