Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased one from Jerry, and installed it on my car (If there was a "vomiting happy face" to choose from, I would have inserted it here)...!!! I was a bit leery about installing it, as it looked a bit cumbersome and 'bling bling'. I noticed that Jerry no longer offers this accessory...

To install it, I had the body shop which installed the door pin surrounds I purchased fit it on the same day. They had to cut the rubber handle off to install this chrome accessory.

Fortunately, the replacement rubber piece cost only about $5.00. If anyone wants the accessory chrome piece,for which I paid $109.00 + postage, just let me know in this thread, and I'll send it to you postage paid!!! Who ever asks for it first gets it!

Do be advised however, that this is as I've already mentioned, "bling bling"! [8D]

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry if I'm not being crystal clear...

I'm willing to give you this chromed aluminum hand brake cover for FREE, and even send it to you for free! I personally don't like it. If you want it, claim it! [:)]

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
Hey if Magma changes his mind I more and likely would be interested. A little bling isnt a bad thing :p besides could always get it smoked. Any pics of it?

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Miked619 - 2/19/2005 5:57 PM

Hey if Magma changes his mind I more and likely would be interested. A little bling isnt a bad thing :p besides could always get it smoked. Any pics of it?
Hi Mike!

I don't think Magma is going to change his mind anytime soon. [:D] If he does, or decides he doesn't like it, he can pass it on to you...

I like a few bling bling items on my SLK. I have chromed airbag badges, which REALLY look nice. I also have installed aluminum door pins and surrounds, chrome door end caps, a chromed exhaust tip, and a MERCEDES-BENZ illuminated door sill (nice!) all from Jerry... I don't consider the lip spoiler and CLK grille to be bling bling, but some might. [:)]

The handbrake cover is a bit over the top for me. It seems to really dominate the cockpit as a center of attraction, and maybe that's why I prefer the rubber handbrake handle. Here's a photo I got from a German site; mine's the one in the middle without any inserts.

Attachments

·
Registered
'99 R170, ('04 W203 SOLD)
76 Posts
I also installed a cover for the brake handle. But not the large one. The one I have slides over the exsisting handle without having to remove the original. It looks a little better than the plain handle. It is chrome with carbon fiber (imitation). I have an extra one that is chrome and aluminum that is also free for the taking if anyone wants it. Just email me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wally:

Please let us all know where you found this accessory, and providc a link if you can. Looks nice and streamlined. [8D]

·
Registered
1999 SLK230
592 Posts
I have the "slip over" type too, except I couldn't resist modifying it with a little real carbon fiber:

When I got mine, they were brand new and hard to find. Now they are listed all day long on EBay :( .

·
Registered
1999 SLK230
592 Posts
BlueBenz - 2/21/2005 12:36 PM

Hey Kuhl !!
I like your handbrake cover, thats classy.
Thanx! I looked and looked and couldn't find anything that either fit, I liked, or didn't look ricey. As usual, I had to craft my own solution. I have now seen some full real carbon fiber (just the insert) examples on EBay for 26.95 + S&H.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
ya want something silve mound a crome desert eagle .50 next to it. Thats bling bling

1 - 13 of 13 Posts