Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 320
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a UK 230 or 320 could you do me a quick favour and have a look inside the main fuse box under the bonnet just in front of the steering wheel. Tell me what you find in fuse holders number 16 and 17. Is there a fuse in each? If so do they fit firmly like the other fuses?

Thanks

Harry

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
Harry, I'm not an SLK owner - but I have looked it up on my WIS that covers all models. This is what it shows.

Your fusebox under the hood is divided into:
fuseblock A (F1 - F9)
fuseblock B (F10 - F18)
fuseblock C (F30 - F37)

Fuseblock B comes in 3 designs, one of which is for US models. For the other two:

a) ME-SF1. F14 - F18 are all unused.
b) HFM. F17 and F18 are both unused. F16 is 10A and is used for HFM-SFI engine control module (only 170.435)

HTH [I've no idea what the abbreviations mean, but I expect you will] :thumbsup:

·
Registered
SLK 320
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmm
Thanks Keyhole unfortunately it doesnt make things much clearer on the lid of my fuse box its says ABS ESP for numbers 16 and 17 with 18 as a unused. 30A and 5A. I have a problem relating to ABS and ESP and noticed that both slots were empty so I tried putting the appropriate fuses in place. When I did i realised they were not seating properly and it looks like the holder below has been forced down or they are not used. I just wanted to find out which.
Anyway thanks again for having a look

Harry

·
Registered
slk 2000k year 2000 and austin-healey sprite[bugeye] E 350 convertable
62 Posts
hi guy
im in ireland so i have the same car as you. i have fuses in both 16 n 17 30amp and 5 amp no. 18 is empty. so that looks like your problem. hope this was of help
fab

·
Registered
SLK230 2001 Manual , lazulithe blue metallic , 65k miles
44 Posts
Hay fabslk007 , what is an SLK HEALEY SPRITE ?

Is it a cut and shut of the two cars ? :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi mac yes my wife ran her frogeye sprite into the back of my slk. it looked so good i left in stuck in. i will be in france in 2 weeks time on my way to perpignan, perhaps i can show it to you. i guess you are a united fan
fab

·
Registered
44 Posts
For Harry I just got chance to have a look at mine , no fuses are fitted .
And 16 and 17 are labeled brake booster pump (18 spare)

For Fab you guess wrong I am not a united fan . Strange I know for a Manchester lad , but I dont follow any sports. :)
I am in Limousin .

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi mac joke about the united thing........... i hope you are living the good life in france. we have a shack on the beach near perpignan and i am looking forward to driving there. is it true that the french police are stamping down on speeding? i dirve from roscoff to perpignan , a trip of abour 1000k in around 9 hours. should i modify my speed this year.
fab

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes it is true about the French police clamping down on speeders , they are also looking at forwarding the fines from speed cameras to people from the UK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
thanks

thanks for the heads up on the french cops, i will take the hit and keep up with the locals.
thanks fab

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
mac - Any probs with driving a UK registered RHD car in France?

Or have you had to re-register it with a French rego?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes , I had to re-register it in France (new plates).
And also have new headlights (that was my excuse to get projectors :) ).

Driving RHD in France is no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts