Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
R171 SLK200
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bizarrely over the weekend somebody decided to walk off with the antenna, whilst my car was parked in respectable Chelsea, off the main road. I suspect football supporters may be to blame as Chelsea were playing at home. I thought you needed that special disc to unscrew it, but somebody managed to carefully remove it!

So if you have ditched your full length antenna for a quarter wave and don't want it...send it to me, please!

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Errr what special disk?

I don't recall seeing a special disc.

A I missing something or is it a nice to have?

·
Registered
R171 200K
115 Posts
The disc just makes it easier to screw it off and put it on tighter, kind of like you use a spanner to tighten a bolt. Its not that hard to grab with your hand and unsrew.

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Slk-Gill - 5/9/2005 1:14 PM

Errr what special disk?

I don't recall seeing a special disc.

A I missing something or is it a nice to have?

there are a couple of pics at the bottom of page 1 of this thread...
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1202306&start=1&fid=27

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Thanks for that Ianx,

Nope I do not have one of those, should I ask the dealer ?

Are they meant to be delivered in the UK?

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
Mine was in the glovebox when I collected it from Bremen, but I have lost the damn thing! Doh! My dealer cannot find the part number because it is not shown in his parts data stuff. Does anyone know if the part number is shown on the key? If so please could someone let me know? Thanks

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
R171200K - 5/9/2005 10:38 AM

The disc just makes it easier to screw it off and put it on tighter, kind of like you use a spanner to tighten a bolt. Its not that hard to grab with your hand and unsrew.
I think it is worthless as I have screwed it on tightly with the disk and could still unscrew it by hand. Wonder if it would work as a bottle opener?[8D]

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
My disc was in the ash tray thingy, thought it had fallen from the car someplace and they had stuck in the a/tray for save keeping, good idea but in practice no.

gary

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
owen - 5/9/2005 6:03 PM
My dealer cannot find the part number because it is not shown in his parts data stuff. Does anyone know if the part number is shown on the key? If so please could someone let me know? Thanks
just checked - no part number on the widget on mine!

·
Registered
R171 SLK200
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
owen - 5/9/2005 6:03 PM

Mine was in the glovebox when I collected it from Bremen, but I have lost the damn thing! Doh! My dealer cannot find the part number because it is not shown in his parts data stuff. Does anyone know if the part number is shown on the key? If so please could someone let me know? Thanks
You can have one of my discs! I have two now!!! Well as nobody in the UK (that have a swanky but somewhat overpriced IMHO Brabus antenna) was philanthropic enough to donate their old antenna I got one ordered by a nearby dealer (actually ordered it before I started this thread in case you thought I was holding out for a freebie). £25!!!

But I can save myself the post and packing of sending you my spare disc Owen, as you don't need it to screw or unscrew the antenna!!!! Just hope those thieving swines don't come back as it's a bit of a pain having to lock the doors by pointing your plip at the rear wing of your car!

·
Registered
R171 SLK200
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, true. Mind you football season is over now I think so I can breath a sigh of relief until August now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts