Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an E430 in San Ramon and would like to save a flight. If someone can help, great. If not, can someone please recommend an Indy for a PPI near oakland/san ramon?

thanks.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
I'm considering an E430 in San Ramon and would like to save a flight. If someone can help, great. If not, can someone please recommend an Indy for a PPI near oakland/san ramon?

thanks.
Hey, Alex.

How soon -- and how thorough -- a look do you need?

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Alex.

How soon -- and how thorough -- a look do you need?
I would be bummed if it got away, but some time in the next week?

regarding thoroughness I just wanted someone who knows these cars to essentially rule it out if it looks (feels/drives) worse in person than it does in pics. Of course the seller says that it's perfect and needs nothing but sellers don't often highlight the bad stuff. Nothing detailed, just a "feel" for the car, operate switches, sunroof, have a look at overall fit and finish. If it passes the smell test i will have it taken for a PPI. I just don't want to go to that cost if it is clearly a pig that they have cleaned up for the photo shoot.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Could you post a link to the pics? I'm way too far away to look in person (let alone buy it) but I'd like to see what options it has. I've been looking for a while too and in my experience the E430s on the used market are pretty bare bones. My theory is that after the people buying them new dropped several thousand on that nice engine they cheaped out and didn't add the many bells and whistles.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
I would be bummed if it got away, but some time in the next week?

regarding thoroughness I just wanted someone who knows these cars to essentially rule it out if it looks (feels/drives) worse in person than it does in pics. Of course the seller says that it's perfect and needs nothing but sellers don't often highlight the bad stuff. Nothing detailed, just a "feel" for the car, operate switches, sunroof, have a look at overall fit and finish. If it passes the smell test i will have it taken for a PPI. I just don't want to go to that cost if it is clearly a pig that they have cleaned up for the photo shoot.
I'm always gunshy about operating the rear-window switches. :D :D

PM me the details (including yours and his contact info), I can probably take a look at it on Sunday afternoon. That would be my only opportunity to see it in daylight hours, which obviously I'd want to do.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,995 Posts
Hey Greg Sunday afternoon I am ready to join you. I think I still owe you a beer? Or was it you owing me? :D
Doesn't matter -lunch on me this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts