Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took my car to the dealership for a recurring problem I'am having with the side-view mirror. The mirror which usually turns down to assist in parking seems to have taken on a mind if it's own, lately just by turning on the engine it starts to turn up toward the sky. Since I have custom wheels I depend on this feature when parking.....Anyone else experience problems with this mirror?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Change your selector switch to the right mirror, and while you are in reverse, make you adj. The feature will only work while the mirror sel button is on the rt side.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Selector switch is set to right side when parking.

Rolo,<br> <br> Thanks for your reply, but as I mentioned in my original post the mirror has taken on a mind of its own....The mirror moves by itself simply while turning on the engine (regardless of which side the selector switch is on)!<br> <br> Also I didn't mention it dosen't return to it's pre-set position.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer said there is no present fix for it........

We have the same problem on the C240, but instead of going up it stays down when you put the car in reverse and does not return to its position when put in Drive. Turning the feature off is not a fix, it is just a way of not dealing with the problem. The dealer didn't even look at it since they said it is a common problem but at the present time there is no fix for it. They said it was a software problem, sort of like the one on the ML's windows. Let me know if they are able to fix it on yours....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Dealer said there is no present fix for it........

Check with another dealer-there is supposed to be a software patch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts