Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced a Serpentine belt for my 2013 SLK 350 based on the video I found at certain youtube video but I cannot post a link because this is my first post.

It worked perfectly for my 2013 SLK 350. It does not matter whether the engine is for SLK models or other MBZ models with V-6 engines. I posted this at slkworld and the moderator moved my post to "off topic" saying that it does not apply to R172 models simply because the engine in the video was not for SLK models. Huh?!?!?!? Who reads "off-topic" posts?

The key thing about the link I posted is the 3mm Allen Head Wrench tool (starting at 01:50 min frame) used to lock the idle pulley right before inserting new Serpentine belt. This step was a big life saver for me but the slkworld moderator seemed to disagree with me and moved my post to another category where nobody would read it.

slkword banned me for four days thanks to JB Banks simply because I argued with the moderator saying he is wrong and told him to let the viewers decide which method is best. This is in my opinion a big abuse of freedom of the press and I had no intention of abusing anything.

I hope benzworld is more lax than slkwold. If it is then I will post more information about replacing Serpentine belts for 2012 - 2016 (or 2017) SLK V-6 models.

Anyone else have issues with the moderator, JB Banks, at slkworld. I totally agree we need moderators at any kind of forums but I think JB Banks went too far abusing freedom of speech.

Thank you,
Peter

·
Registered
2012 SLK55 AMG, 2009 SLK200
345 Posts
Yep - I got banned for life for daring to openly suggest the Seargent Major (retired) was bullying members in a similar incident to which you comment on. The boy's an arse

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,937 Posts
SLK World is ruled by a select few it sounds like. I was on there because I do want a SLK. So I joined and every time I posted I was told fill out profile. The SLK350 V6 in the R172 is used in a wide range of MB Models and if the topic is engine specific that means it is the same. I have that engine in my GLK350 and ML350. Great engine!

Reactions: PhilBiker

·
Registered
2014 MB SLK 350
5 Posts
Yes they run a really tight ship over there...however it seems their SLK forum is much more active and has many more members than here. I have been cautioned and had a few posts moved to other areas. Quite the opposite than my Corvette and Jeep forums which are quite liberal. Also seen some really nasty post wars at these sites which SLK World would shut down immediately.

·
Registered
2012 SLK55 AMG, 2009 SLK200
345 Posts
I haven't a problem with a tight ship but there is a limit and if you don't suck up to the sycophants - you're out. Still a wealth of knowledge on there - a tiny percentage of it mine....................

·
Registered
2014 MB SLK 350
5 Posts
Don't forget that these forum sites are revenue generating business's and privately individually maintained and owned. Just like a restaurant can reserve the right to refuse service, they can too. However, that said I too have been a bit upset by some of the rules and response from the sites. 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts