Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MB C230K, 1985 MB 300T Turbodiesel
266 Posts
I have the bars but now looking for the bike rack - anyone have experience with them?

I have the Mercedes roof rack and 3 Yakima Raptor individual bike racks -- this combo works very well for me. The Mercedes bike rack lists for $330 and holds two bikes; each Yakima rack runs for $99. Based on the description, the MB bike rack sounds higher quality but the Yakimas work just fine for me and are available at my local sporting goods store; also spare parts for Yakimas easily available online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any ideas where I can get a roof rack for my R350?
Anyone know what the dealer charges and also if there are any cheaper after market roof racks that are recommended? I know MB dealers are very proud of their accessories and charge accordingly.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 MB C230K, 1985 MB 300T Turbodiesel
266 Posts
Get the genuine MB roof rack. While I went aftermarket on my roof box and bike racks, I stuck with the OEM roof rack; in fact, I would be very surprised if there are any aftermarket roof racks -- the rack needs to precisely fit the anchor points in the roof and is different than anything I 've seen on other cars. My dealer charged me $337.08 including sales tax for the roof rack

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic, 2007 R320 CDI, 2012 E63 P30, 2013 SLK250
440 Posts
I have the factory roof rack and the factory bike holders. The factory bars are a must, I don't think you could find any aftermarket bars that will fit without some ghetto fit issues. I find it tedious to attach/detach the bike holders, since they connect to separate bars that need to be slid in from the side, which means you have to unlock the feet covers to slide those in. I'm not familiar with how aftermarket bike holders would connect to the factory bars, but I would think there are better ways...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts