Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i didnt know if any of you had the chrome set of tail lights gaurds for sale.

I was thinking about getting a set and stripping the chrome off, or see if they sale them in black and installing them on my G500.

Here is a picture of them so you can see what im thinking about doing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Kerr - 4/28/2005 11:09 AM

hey guys i didnt know if any of you had the chrome set of tail lights gaurds for sale.

I was thinking about getting a set and stripping the chrome off, or see if they sale them in black and installing them on my G500.

Here is a picture of them so you can see what im thinking about doing.
From what I understand, they're polished stainless - not nickel/chrome. Also, if they are removed from the truck, they will leave open mounting holes behind; so my guess is that you'll have better luck at the MB parts department than finding take-offs.

·
Registered
96 G300DT
1,986 Posts
Mouting holes .. no

I had these on my truck and got rid of them as fast as possible. Removing them left no mounting holes behind. They were mostly attached to the bumper (or maybe it was the frame). A second brace went to some brace inside the fender well. They do have a tendancy to kink the rubber of the bumper corners.

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
RE: Mouting holes .. no

AlanMcR - 4/28/2005 11:41 AM

I had these on my truck and got rid of them as fast as possible. Removing them left no mounting holes behind. They were mostly attached to the bumper (or maybe it was the frame). A second brace went to some brace inside the fender well. They do have a tendancy to kink the rubber of the bumper corners.
What about the turn signal guards on the fenders? Do those leave any evidence behind?

If I'm ever lucky enough to aquire a G55K I think I might beat you on the speed of removal!

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
RE: Mounting holes

mb230s - 4/28/2005 12:51 PM

AlanMcR - 4/28/2005 11:41 AM

What about the turn signal guards on the fenders? Do those leave any evidence behind?

If I'm ever lucky enough to aquire a G55K I think I might beat you on the speed of removal!
I queried a dealer about this a short while ago. I was told that I obviously don't know anything about these vehicles, as those light guards are mounted through rubber grommeted holes; and removal will leave the holes and grommets behind.

OK. [:0]

Since I obviously don't know anything about these vehicles, I didn't pursue it any further.[|)]

·
Registered
96 G300DT
1,986 Posts
RE: Mouting holes .. no

The front mounts do leave holes, as my fenders can attest. If I cared much about appearance I would fix that. Right now I'm more worried about the front wheels falling off.

·
Registered
1999 G500, 1997 G300, 1986 300GD, 1983 280GE
316 Posts
If they are just polished SS, they should be pretty easy to have powdercoated, and not have to worry about corrosion breakthrough.

·
Registered
2003 g55 black/black
49 Posts
HI,
I have a left side take off with a couple of scratches (thanks to a hit and run 20 year old that was later tracked down) off my 03 g55. It would polish up nice or lend itself to being powder coated.
Offers?

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would not even know what to offer you or if i could get another one...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts