Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking on there web page. lol... spending my tax money ;)

here is a link to the web page. it goes crazy when you cut and past.

http://www.intercotire.com/html/ssr_series.htm

On the SSR i was thinking about the
LT285/75R16
LT305/70R16

or there TSL Radials.

http://www.intercotire.com/html/tsl___radial.htm

in a 265-80-16

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
I'm getting the TSL Radials in that same size you posted. I also have a set of Super Swamper LTB's 34-10.5-16's. They ended up being a bit to big and rub my front bumper a bit, now they're just sitting in the garage. LOL

The Radials I heard are awesome though... nothin beats a Super Swamper !! [}:)]

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea they are crazy in the mud.

What are you going to do with the 34's...

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Going to sell them or just give them to one of my friends. Are you planning on getting a set ??

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im going to get a set of something. figured if yours where cheap id run those. If your friend wants them thats cool too. also i have no clue what shipping would cost from fl to va. zip is 24201

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
I've shipped 4 sets of tires and they've been up to $140 to Cali, to your zip $100 is a fair assumption. These are like new and still have the name on the lugs you drive on. No gashes or anything, just like new. They are a total of 5 tires and I paid 125 a piece. Send me a reasonable offer and I'll ship them out to you. Thxs !!

Al

·
Registered
81 240GD 99 290GDT
53 Posts
Only TSL /SX

I have TSL/SX 32x11.50-16LT. Best offroad tire ever!
A bit of rubbing on standard G at full turn. Limits turning circle a bit.

·
Registered
1979 G460
70 Posts
If off roading is the only thing that you are using them for Super Swampers are great. I used the TSL radials on a Jeep- they would climb anything you aimed them at. But as for the ride to the trail.......they do not balance, they don't wear worth a damn and they only get louder with time. I had a set of the SSR's and would not wish them on any one. I had to return them about a dozen times because they would not balance due to the tumors that grow on the side walls.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Just for you Kerr ...

YOU NEED THEM !! LOL [;)]

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1218223&posts=23&fid=29

·
Registered
406/280GE/240GD/G320
925 Posts
I ran 35 x 12.5 x 15's SSRs on my 280GE LWB for about 6 months. They were incredible in mud, also in sand they are great. Problem they have is soft sidewalls, so if you need to deflate on rocks they get ruptures MUCH easier than an MT/R or BFG. I've never ruptured a BFG ever in 100's of thousands of miles. I do like MT/Rs for certain reasons but have also ruptured them on pavement with blowouts.

see attached photos....

Attachments

·
Registered
300GD 500SL 300E
232 Posts
The rack on top of that green G, where can we get that from? Who owns that truck it is really nice looking.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
Benz-Dady - 7/20/2005 5:09 PM

The rack on top of that green G, where can we get that from? Who owns that truck it is really nice looking.
I like it too... Where can I find out more...

Chuck

·
Registered
G560, GSR 500
190 Posts
ok, here is what i've got. it's acually not a real roofrack but rather a rollbar. can be used as roofrack (obviously it's solid enough[8D] ) but was designed as rollbar. it's custom-made to clients request, and requires some welding and drilling to the body of your car. not to sure if that's not a bit o.t.t. for your purpose [;)]

Attachments

·
Registered
GD300 -82 LWB
235 Posts
SSR's are for show only

Hi,

If you are looking for the best tire for:
1. Off-road (not much mud) - get the SX or "normal" TSL
2. Rock climbing (no tarmac use, very soft compound) - Irok
3. Mud (no rock climbing) - Bogger
4. Road and looking good (Hummer style driving [:D]) - SSR

All Super Swampers of course. The SSR is really not designed for full off-road purpose. They lack the normal swamper sidewall thickness and protection. But the thread is more closed and it has more siping so it works "well" on-road.

-UG-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts