Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like title says. Pair of front ones. Long as they were working fine and no codes on your car when you pulled them that's fine with me. OEM only, fronts, both sides.

If anything I may just use my Bosch bmw ones and splice the wiring for now. If my thoughts are correct then ill buy new ones.

·
Registered
1997 S500V, 1999 S500 grand edition, 2006 s65 amg
7,356 Posts
Like title says. Pair of front ones. Long as they were working fine and no codes on your car when you pulled them that's fine with me. OEM only, fronts, both sides.

If anything I may just use my Bosch bmw ones and splice the wiring for now. If my thoughts are correct then ill buy new ones.
if your getting codes check your harness. on mine the exhaust shop ruined my sensor wires. and when ever i touch my o2 sensor wires the Check Engine Light either turns on or off. why not get bosch replacement sensors. i bought a set for pretty cheap. even though i kept getting p0150 and p0160 and p0153 but now i only get p0150 and the harness i will be getting for eddie will hopefully fix my issue. I passed my emissions and 300miles later boom p0150 :( bright side is my car got registered and passed emissions.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes. But I want to spend as little as possible when I'm experimenting to get my car to pass smog. I'd hate to spend $500+ to find I haven't progressed at all.
Everything I read leads to a lazy or non functional oxygen sensor but one person is insistant on something else so I want to be prepared with both possibilities. Consider I have no codes just a closed loop fault a swap may help me diagnose at a very low cost.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
i understand i spent way over $1500 just experimenting around with parts and labor. even though the problem is still present :( try local junkyards they should be way cheaper

alot of benzs share the same exact sensors, r129, w210, w220, w215 and w140s. if you look at w210s look at the driver's side before cat.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are gonna laugh. Labor day I was at the junk yard. Not one of the above cars were there except one pre face lift w140. It was mostly w126 and simialr aged.

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
You are gonna laugh. Labor day I was at the junk yard. Not one of the above cars were there except one pre face lift w140. It was mostly w126 and simialr aged.
lucky you guys atleast had a w140 lol over here they get them and throw them in the premium lot and charge 30% of msrp for parts. i still need to find door a drivers door panel. over here we have w202's and w126s that about it for junkyards maybe some w124 (300e). there use to be a lot of w140s. also there was a pre release r129 (yes i did say pre production) interior looked like a w126 and very outdated look and no vins anywhere on the factory spots(didn't even have spot in the dash for it) it just had an imprint 1988 500sl on the b pillar. the workers there told me it was a pre release car no damages on it either. if i see it again i will take photos of it. it had about 12,000miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts