Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
If so how much, I want to mess with it like Linh did. I just need the bottom part but if you have the whole thing and its not too much thats fine.<br> <br> It needs to be for a clk however><br> I also want my car louder stock, will a K&N help sound a lil?<br> <br> Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
If you want the sound to be louder then don't connect the air inlet tube to the hole................

<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
That should have no impact on the volume.

The tubing is connected to the airbox in order to bring in air as far from the engine as MB can. Doing this allows for cooler air to be delivered to the engine. While the air still has to pass over the engine, and thus heat up, you are starting with cooler air than you would if you were to remove the ducts. Further, removing the ducts would not allow any additional air to pass through, as the stock filter would still be restricting the airflow.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I have stock and MKB with K&N filters...

let me know if you are interested. I actually have several shelves of parts ranging from the airboxes, grill with Mercedes star to CLK55 shocks. All these parts are a result of the tuning I have done to my car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Sleestack, how much do you want for your MKB airbox? You can send me an e-mail if you'd like. Tnx

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Mach430.... alway he want to do is add an additional air inlet to the bottom.......................

<br> housing box to get in more air. He also mention that i wanted more noise with the K&N filter. I told him that, he won't hear any noise IF he connect the air inlet tube into the bottom housing. But if he want to hear the noise then he have to remove the air inlet tube( this is not recommended) because more air and cold air is what produces power. <br> <br> Mach430, your opinion is really SHIT dude !!! I had proved it on the dyno with my Slk 230 with 3 hp gain up to redline and 7 ft/tq. gain from 2500-3250 rpm and 3 ft/tq. gain from 3250 rpm up to 5750 rpm. I have doubt that the Clk 320 is gonna gain 7 ft/tq. with this mods. because it not a force induction system engine but at least 3 hp and 3 ft/tq. gain. If this really don't work then why Mercedes put two air inlet induction tube instead of one like the Clk 320. And the new Chrysler Crossfire used the same Mercedes V6 engine but chrysler also used the twin air inlet induction tube just like the Mercedes Clk 430 twin air inlet induction system. Why don't you go and pick up a car magazine and check out the Chrysler Crossfire air induction system. You mention that it not gonna work because the air filter is too restricted, then why the fuck Evosport are selling K&N filter for? If they no good and still restricted !!! You think you know alot by telling people of your 'theory', unless you try it and it does not work, then you can say it !! If not just S#$$#$ UP !!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Guys !! Wait and see my second "version" without using the adapter and radiator.........

<br> hose. I decided to do a second 'version' because peoples were asking me about the parts number for the adapter and radiator hose. The second 'version' i used a second exact factory air inlet induction tube. So people can buy the part at the dealer. Guys, you have to remember that the first and second version are only for the Slk 230. For the Clk, you guys would have to use your create mind and design your own. I can't help you because i don't have an Clk 320 to experienment with, but the conept is still the same. Good Luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Linh, please investigate your theories before you try to go up against the facts

First, did I ever say the K&N's don't increase airflow? No, I didn't think so. Both K&N's and ITG's increase airflow, that is their purpose.<br>
<br>
Second, the 320 airbox is more efficient than the 430/55 airbox. Don't believe me? I suggest you take a look at any Kleemann car, they all use the 320 airbox because it is simply designed better. <br>
<br>
Third, anyone who has read the introduction to any 3rd grade Science book can tell you that cold air is more dense. Being more dense, cold air provides more oxygen to the engine. Taking off the intake ducts is completely different from taking off the ducts, and running them out the bottom.<br>
<br>
Fourth, there is a thing called R&D. Research and Design has proven time and time again that running the intake over the engine only picks up additional heat off of the engine. The result is warmer air with less oxygen. Again, this is why Kleemann chose the 320 box. This is why Conforti (BMW tuner) runs an intake out the side into a heat shielded box. This is why we will develop a similiar cold-air intake system that will run out the side, rather than over the engine.<br>
<br>
It does not matter who comes out with dual intake ducts, or quadruple for that matter. The fact is, it is the air's densisity and velocity that matters. If the intake is poorly designed, or has too much air, the result may be air molecules tumbling over themselves, thus actually slowing the air as it approaches the intake manifold.<br>
<br>
If you have a problem with me or Evosport, that is fine, you are entitled to your own opinion. But since you have never worked with us, I suggest you limit your attacks to me. Feel free to attack me in any way you wish, but at least get your facts straight first.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
R&D does not stand for Research and Design, try Research and Development !....

I wonder if K&N knows you are bad mouthing there product. If they knew you were using there product to sell another brand I am sure they would be pissed.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
What are you talking about? Badmouthing K&N, no.

I have never said that either filter was better in terms of performance. I have said that both the K&N and ITG filters will increase airflow equally. Their design is different, and the result is that ITG filters do filter more particles from the air.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
What ever you say!..... more.....

Anyone that would suggest to take off a supercharger to have warranty work done so Mercedes would not know, then put it back on doesn't seem like a straight shooter to me. Oh and is always right or has some bull answer.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Re: What ever you say!..... more.....

I do like how you are able to manipulate my words into whatever meaning you wish them to be. Did I suggest that someone with a problem due to a Kleemann SC take it off and go to the dealer? No, I said that the install process is non-invasive and can be reversed if an issue arises. But think about it. 10 years of business in Europe, and not one problem. So why would this have to be done in the first place.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Re: I have stock and MKB with K&N filters...HOW MUCH SLE

How much Sleestack for the stock filter box w k/n filter. And for the star grill. Thank you<br> <br> ALSO<br> Has anyone used WEAPON R intakes

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
How about WEAPON R INTAKES?? ANYONE TRIED 1!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/spideraccessories/airinweaprfo11.html<br> <br> Would u say this would hurt performance cuz it doesnt take the air from the outside thereby using air only in the hot ass engine compartment. I want a loud sound, with some perf increase.<br> <br> Today I DID remove the duct that provided the air to come in, and it DID become louder but the cars performance sucked with it off.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Mach430........you don't know SHIT about the new government regulation on ECU since 1995............

<br> Do you? Cars aftermarket company called it 'the black box'. Everytime you do something that change the character running of the engine or without within the factory spec. The ECU will record the date and time and save it and can be download the info later, just like in F1 racing. So, by putting a S/C in the CLK normal aspirated egnine and blow it up. You think by putting everythings back to factory, they won't know it? I think you're the dummy one not them. My friend 6 month ago pull the same trick on a BMW dealer. He bought an M3 only two weeks. Then decided to took it out on the weekend and do street racing. He missed down shift to three gears and blew up the engine. Then bring the car back to the dealer and wanted another brand new engine because it was still under dealer warranty but the dealer said 'NO!!!'. Why did they said no, you ask? Yup...you guessed right, they download the information from the ECU and it show the time and date, rpm, mph, current gears etc.... Ah !!! Current gear were from fourth to second gears, then 'BAMMMM!!!' everything stop!!! Mach430, all you ever care is 'COMMISSION'. Funny how every SHIT you sell is better then any other products out there. It also funny to me, that you don't know JACK SHIT how to work on car but claim to know what best products for other people car. This also brought up when the time you didn't even know how to take out the trunk liner to change the rear shock. And finaaly i got it out for you, you can even know how to remove the shock. I'm still laughing everytime i think about you talk about you know so much about car. You also tell people that you know how the install the spring without the spring compressor, then why do you drive down to San Diego and ask me to do it for you?

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Linh, your stories get even better with each post!

BTW, Mercedes do not have a 'black box.' Unless none of the service guys know anything about it... Maybe it's this huge secret, or even a conspiracy. <br> <br> <br> I have never claimed to know everything about Mercedes, or any subject for that matter. However, facts are facts and nothing you say can change that. I AM DONE WITH THIS POST. IT NO LONGER HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANTHONY'S ORIGINAL QUESTION.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Re: How about WEAPON R INTAKES?? ANYONE TRIED 1!

I have no experience with their air intakes, but I wanted to let you know that the MB intake doesn't take air from the outside either. It's all for show. If you follow either duct towards the front of the car, and then leave your finger where they exit, you'll notice that they are blocked by both a section of the grill which is sealed and the hood itself.<br>
<br>
The best intake would need to be run around the passenger side of the car (from the intake manifold) and then down to the lower front grill (bumper). You do not need two intakes as MB uses. In fact, the way MB does it, they force 2 seperate air flows to collide together into one tube. This creates turbulance, and slows down the air as it enters the MAF Sensor (Mass Air Flow). Back to the design... With the intake now run around the engine, you would want to create a box to shield it from all directions facing the engine... Here is what I am talking about, however it is only available for BMWs.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Mach430......the more you talk the more you make yoursel look stupid................................

<br> You were try to sale the foam air filter by telling them that the K&N filter is no good and later change your words by saying that the K&N filter is good but it does not filter out more dirts then the foam. You are boo shitting.<br> <br> You say that the 320 air filter induction system is BETTER then the 430/55 air filter induction system with twin air inlet tube? You are FUCKEN STUPID!!! Try telling that to Mercedes and AMG division !!! If it more efficient then why did they not use the 320 air filter induction system for the 430/55 and went out spend more money to make a different mold for the 430/55? The reason is, the 320 air induction system is efficient enough for the V6 but not V8, you stupid!! As for why Kleeman used the 320 air induction system rather them the 430/55? Let me ask you this smart ass !! How the fuck you gonna be able to use the factory 430/55 air induction system after you STUCK the Supercharger on top of the V8? You are FUCKEN stupid, can you see it now!! Kleemann are not stupid to spend more money to modify and design a new air induction system like the 430/55 and jack the prices up to an all ready expensive S/C kit, so they used the 320 air induction system. If you look at the AMG SLK 32 air induction system, is the same style as the 430/55.<br> <br> Yes...cold air is better then hot air, that you got it right!!! But cold air is useless if you don't provide the engine enough air. That is why most modify cars that produces alot of hp can't get enough air or get air fast enough, they have to go with open element air filter like K&N cone type filter. They suffer a little bit because the air is warmer. But the trade off is better because they able to deliever more air and faster to the engine combustion and that is why BMW and other aftermarket company you mentioned like the open element filter type and not the close-up air box type.<br> <br> I don't have any problem with Evosport but i do have problem with you being a liar to our's friend in the forum about what is better and what is not just for a fucken 'COMMISSION'!!!!! You are a typical SALEMAN like your friends all said. Everybody that know you and me, alway ask me after talking to you about, how old you are, does he know anything about car etc.... And you think that people are stupid so you can say anything just for a commisiom!!! Remember that time when you try to rip me off by charging $350 for an Upsolute ECU upgrade for doing shit. I still have to drive to Upsolute in Chino Hill to get the ECU upgrade because you guys (evosport) does not have the equipment to do it. I later find out and confronted with you that Upsolute only charge $325 included everything, so why do you charge me $350 for doing NOTHING !!!! OH..i got!! It finally ring the bell now.....'COMMISSION'. Then you start tell me shit about Upsolute, that they are no good. All they did were download the European software version. You are fucken stupid, the european car usaully have more power and software are different, i agree with you on that but the european gas have higher actane then the us. That's one of the reason why their car have a little more hp. If you try to down load that european software into a US car and when you run that engine, the 'knock' sensor will detect 'ping' in cylinder head because of low actane in fuel. It will automatic 'retard' the timing before 'detenation' or 'lean out' so therefore, you actually loose a lot of hp instead gaining them. So don't fucken tell me that Upsolute, all they did were download european software !!! If You don't think what i just said is true? Do me a favor, your next fill-up, why don't you fill up your Clk 430 with '87' actane fuel. I bet you my life that your car will run like shit and you wouldn't able to drive past 100 mph and plus the red 'ENGINE CHECK' light will appear up in your face !!! I'm not done with your boo shit yet. And that fucken painted len, i've been waiting for 3 fucken months now. you can't sent it to me because it will cost you a fucken one dollars, that you said you don't have. So i ask me if you can send it 'COD'? NO PROBLEM!!! And i still haven't get my part yet. I had it with you dude, that is why i let it be known to other so they don't get the fucken headache you put me through about this painted Clk len !!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts