Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how these would look on a C Class???

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same question I was just having when I saw this one. since the AMG SL55 rims are so hard to find in 18's AND in gunmetal. :(

I think photo shopping them is the best chance to see how they are, I havent found any with this style yet.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen them on the W204 cars, but not W203 cars. They look good on the W204's, but I just am kind of wondering what they look like on a W203. Trying to buy some wheels shortly here and I need to make sure I get the right ones.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking the ones you have on your car look way better than those ever will. These ones though, I can get for way cheaper. Did your 18's mess with your spedometer? Also have you noticed any difference in gas milage?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry, but I have to ask this question to get it off my mind. It may seem really stupid to you guys, but I just got into cars a couple months ago, and I my car knowledge is limited.

I checked my wheels and saw that the suspension, in the front of the car, is about one inch above my tire. I was planning on getting 18's of some sort, but after seeing this, the new wheels would be rubbing the front suspension. I would have to get coil-overs before getting the new rims, correct?

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
No, you get the correct sized low profile tires to match with the new 18 inch wheels... :) Man, some of those tires on the 19+ inch wheels are like rubber bands! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks. Looks like new rims with tires is about the same as an eisenmann exhaust that I was planning to get. Now which one would I want first? haha

and I have to agree with Black04C23, clutch230k's car with those rims looks really nice.

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor
109 Posts
I did notice a slight change in the spedometer. Stock, the spedometer was about 2 mph faster than my actual speed. Now, its spot on! awesome. I have not noticed any change in gas mileage. I was almost hoping that it would increase slightly.

@Kimmel

When they were putting my 18s on I was looking at the same thing. I though for sure there was no way they would fit, but the installers were like "just wait, you'll see" and they were right. Im even lowered. crazy

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you end up getting the spedometer set to the 18's?

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor
109 Posts
I didnt set it, when I bought it used it was off by 2mph. The car would say I was going 40 but I was really doing 38. Now with the bigger rims, the spedometer is almost right on.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhh.. Mine has stock 17's on it and I know 18's will throw it off by a few mph and I was wondering how to get it corrected?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the photoshop skills! I'm thinking the wheels clutch has on his car is still my #1. I am just worried about the 18's throwing off the spedometer and the fact that I don't want to buy new tires because mine are still pretty much new.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You want to see the euro 64 style? (clutchs ones) the only down fall is that I only found one that has a logo on it. and I found another one but right-click was disabled on it. and it was a prefecttt front shot too :mad:

·
Registered
2003 230 Kompressor
109 Posts
I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. It wont throw your spedometer off by enough for it to be a factor. If its spot on now, then it will be off by 1 or maybe 2 mph..no biggie

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sure, post up whatever yah have, Do you happen to have the C63's with the AMG emblem too?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really likng the C63 AMG rims too. Thanks for all of the photoshopping, you have helped me narrow my decision down to two different types of wheels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts