Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yup....i did for my C32....

To my surprise, the kit feels softer than the AMG stock shocks. The ride is very pleasant. I havent really harsh corner it yet, but my gut feeling is it will fall short of the AMG ones. <br> I guess this is soemthing that I've to sacrifice between performance & look. The car's overall height has been drastically lowered, in fact, I found the rear being lowered too much, I've ordered the Dot 5 shim pads already, hopefully it'll help a bit.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Yup....i did for my C32....

Thanks for the reply,...<br> Do you have the picture of your car with the cupkit?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: go to the Galleries section under the folder name "MyBabyC32"

Nice car!:)<br> <br> BTW do you need to roll your fenders if you want to install the cupkit?<br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Thanks!!!....No, if u have the right wheels & tires & offset!

i was wondering what size wheels you are running with and if they are staggered??? i too just installed the cup kit with 18' brabus mono v's staggered and i kept the factory spring pads. but my car seems to sit lower, which makes me worry bout having passengers in the back.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
225/40/18x8 & 255/35/18x9

I think Brabus Monoblock V is 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. I am not sure whether the rear fender will rub or not, better try it with ppl sitting in the rear!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: 225/40/18x8 & 255/35/18x9

that's the the size i have. F8.5 and R9.5, running 225/40/18 and 255/35/18. i just havent had the chance to load the rear with passengers. to me the performance is similar to that of the factory sports suspension, which was what i had before the changes. very smooth and from what i have heard H&R's arent progressive springs, as eibachs, they wont settle in as much and are true to what they are said to lower your car, eibachs tend to settle, 'sag' with added mileage on them.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: 225/40/18x8 & 255/35/18x9

Hi <br> How about if i install Lorinser LM 5 18*8.5 ET 31 front and 18*9.5 ET 26 Rear with 225/40/18 and 255/35/18. Do i need to roll my fender? Any suggestion? pls advice?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lewis, the rear offset is a bit aggressive but it will work>>>>

Although I don’t think Lorinser offers the rear in an 18x9.5 offset 26 unless you are going to use a 5mm spacer. The offset & size you had mentioned in your post will work provided you roll the rear fenders. My suggestion is use the 18x8.5 offset 31 for the front & 18x9.5 offset 31 for the rear, which recommended by Lorinser. You will still need to roll the rear fenders slightly with an H&R cup kit. Good Luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Lewis, the rear offset is a bit aggressive but it will work>>>>

Thanks for the tips Joey,<br> They did gave me the spacer for the front and rear. Do i need to use the spacer? for the front one Joey? Because i thought that the wheels wouldn't fit to my car nicely...if i didnot use the spacer for all of them...Or is it okay if i take off the spacer for the front one?<br> Please help..thanks<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lewis, I would go with the spacers>>>>>>

Basically the offset for the 18x9.5 Lorinser LM5 is a 38mm they do this because most of their wheels have a universal offset. Meaning the 38mm offset would be for the W220 & W215, and they would add a 7mm spacer to bring it to a 31mm offset for the W203 & W202 etc. On the W203 with an H&R Cup Kit you might run into clearance problems on the front strut with a 38mm offset. You need the spacer to push the wheel out to clear the strut. Do a test fit on the front with out the spacer to see if it will clear the strut. If it does clear then go without it. I recommend the spacer it will give your car a more aggressive look and Lorinser recommends it. <br> <br> Good Luck. Joey

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: why won't these wheels from a c320 fit a c32??

C32's have larger front brake calipers that would interfere with the rims. There are very few rims out there, for now, that are interchangeable between C320's and C32's.<br>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts